Chapter 4

Ethans POV

God! Emerson cancelled our surfing today! What I with her and this Cody kid?! I had her! I know I dint actually have her but I thought it looked like it.

The thing is I have been in love with Emerson since the first day I layed eyes on her. The way her ceasnut hair flows down her torso, the way her eyes glimmer in the sunlight, the way her voice goes silent when she laughs, the way she floats on the water when surfing. Everything about her I loved.

Today wa the day I was going to ask her to be my girlfriend. I had even thought up a very romantic way to do it too! I had set up a picnic on a sand dune overlooking the Atlantic. I wa sitting up on the dune now.

Anger and sadness took over my body. I took the food basket in my led hand and threw it as far as it would go. As it soared through the air different things would fall out come crashing back down to earth and burst into a million peoces once on the ground.

I screamed into the sky "WHY CAN'T SHE SEE WHAT SHE MEANS TO ME?!?!?!?!"

Of course a she says I could have any girl in the school I wanted this was true, but what she doesn't understand is that I don't want them. The only one I want is her.

Have you vet wanted to scream so loud ad shoot all the stars out o the sky and destroy te prettiest stary night? Or cry so much you could fill a river with your tears? Well this is how I felt. Because it always seemed that whenever I had something right where I wanted it life played this little game on my and took it away from me.

Just when Emerson was in my grasp she slipps right through my fingertips and lands in the filthy hands of this Cody kid. I need to set this kid straight and tell him who Emerson belongs too.

Wait I can't do that to her. She's not a toy or a price a property. She is a living breathing human being. And a beautiful one at that. And if she loves this Cody kid, I should be happy go her even I it kills me.

I decided to go check up on Emerson to see if he was okay because she was sick and all. Sure I was late but oh well her parents know me and love me like there own son. Another reason why she should e mine because they know me. They probably don't even know who this Cody kid is! Wait I have to be happy for her. Happy for her. Be happy Ethan. Be happy.

When I walked into her room and her and a blonde haired boy were layed on her bed together sleeping!!!!!! Blood boiled in my face. I rushed over to her and pulled them apart and threw him on the floor and punched him straight in the face and yelled "I love you Emerson!" and kissed her right on the lips cradling her head in my hands.

I let go of her and ran out of her room an ran out of the house. What did I just do? I might have just ruined my friendship with Emerson. I let my emotions et ahold of my actions. I'm such an idiot.

"WHY IM A SO STUPID!?!?!?!" I yelled into blank space.

"your not stupid your in love" said I voice that appeared from behind me.

It was an old lady probably in her mid 70's who was she? Hy wa she talking to me?

"excuse me?" I said polightly.

"I said your not stupid your in love" she repeated.

"do I know you or something and how did you know that?"

"no you don't and by the look on your face the tone of your voice...."

"is it really that obvious?"

"no, but I know what your going through. "

"no you don't."

"let see your in love with a girl and she's falling for another guy. "

"wow your good"

"whenbi was your age I went throughout the same thing. Just try and look at the situation from the girls point of veiw. When I was in that situation I was in love with both guys and didn't know who to pick so I did what you doing right now. "

"so what are you saying?"

"she's probably goin through what I went through an she chose the new guy because the old one didn't make a move until it was too late. "

"so what should I do?"

"well you know what they say....if you love something set it free. Of it's yours it will return if it doesn't it was never your to begin with. "

"thank you so much." I ran up and engulf her in an enormous bear hug an said. "I know what I have to do. " I started to run I away but j turned to thank her again bit she was no where to be found.

Well now I am off to make thugs right again.