Damon and I left so Stefan could bring the bad news to Elena.  Yes, finding out who your father is should be astounding, but the fact that it's Jackass John...know you see why it's bad news.  I looked around the square and some people really dressed up for this.  I see Caroline taking pictures with Matt and Bonnie,  and quickly turned the other way.  I had enough pictures for one day.

I spotted Jeremy in his soldier outfit and went over to him, "Hey, Jer."

"Leave me alone, Bela."  Jeremy snapped.

I raised my eyebrow at him and walked him front of him, "Ok, what's with the attitude?"

"Did Elena tell you to come talk to me?"

"No, Jer, what's go -"

He cut me off, " I know what you and your brothers are, I know Damon wiped away my memory, and I know you killed Vicki.  I thought you were my friend.  How could you do that to me?"

"I am your friend.  And with Vicki...I had to kill her."  He scoffed and was about to walk away but I grabbed his arm.  "She was out of control.  She was about to kill you and Elena, I had to do something.  Believe me, there were times I wanted to tell you, but then thought this was the best.  If you knew that vampires exist, then that puts you in automatic danger.  Elena would be devastated if anything happened to you.  You have to understand why I didn't tell you -"

"But, it's ok with her because she's dating Stefan?"

"Jer -"

He pulled his arm away, "Go to hell, Bela.  I don't want to talk to you or Elena right now."

With that he turns around and started walking away.  I kept calling his name but he didn't look back.

》》》》

I was shocked when I saw Damon thanking Bonnie.  Anyway the parade was really beautiful.  Stefan and Elena looked happy when they were on the float.  Being in each others arms, completely in love.  That left an empty feeling inside me.  The thought of being in love.

When your eyes light up whenever he enters the room.  The heartwarming feeling when you're in each others arms.  The shivers you get when he touches you.  Or when he's so close that you could feel his breath on your neck and it sends a tingle down your spine.  He's on your mind constantly.  They make you want to be a better person.  Well, that's been over for me for sometime now.

Anyway Stefan and I were making our way to the grill after changing into our regular clothes.  I let out a happy sigh, "It feels so good being out of that.  Thank god for pants."

He chuckled, "You didn't mind before."

"That's because girls couldn't wear jeans back then."

We were almost there when we spotted Damon taking to Jeremy.  That can't be good.

Jeremy was about to walk away when Damon pulled him back.  Stefan and I ran over there before Damon does anything.  When we got there Damon basically threatened to knock Jeremy out.

"Let him go."  Stefan said.

"You all right?"  I asked Jeremy once Damon let's go.

"Yeah."

"Look, what my idiot of a brother is trying to say is don't blame Elena for this.  Damon's the one who turned Vicki.  I killed her.  You have every right to be mad, but don't take it out on her.  I'm so sorry, Jer.  I wish it didn't happen."

Jeremy looked at me sadly, "Shouldn't have made me forget."

He walked away.  "Good cops, bad cop - I like it."  Damon complimented.