Fool Me Once

1864 (Mystic Falls)

I was in my room studying the books my father gave me. I heard a knock on the door and I told the person to enter. To my surprise it was Katherine.

I quickly got up and curtsied, "Miss Katherine, I'm surprise that you're here. I thought you'd be with Stefan by now."

She shrugged, "Stefan's not here. I thought I could keep his little sister company."

"I am sorry Miss Katherine. I am very busy."

Katherine came over to my desk and picked up the variety of books, "How To Be Proper. The Sun, The Moon, The Stars. Pride and Prejudice. Sounds like a bore." She grabbed my arm. "Come. You need to step away from the books."

I shook my head, "Sorry, Miss Katherine. My father expects me to read these and learn from them."

She chuckled, "Bela, you need to have fun in your life. I am taking you away for the afternoon."

"But, my father..."

"I will explain to Mr. Salvatore how I require your assistance. Now, come." She gave me a small smile. "We have so much to do."

I gave her a small smile before leaving my room with her.

》》》》

Present (Mystic Falls)

Stefan and I have been searching all night for Elena. He looked for Elena while I looked for Anna. I compelled a few townsfolk and no one even knows where Anna lives. What does Anna want with Elena anyway?

"You got any leads?" I asked Stefan.

"No, but I think I know who does." We made our way to the parlor to see Damon reading the grimoire. "Anna took Elena."

Damon didn't look up as he held up his phone, "Yeah, I got that from your guys' 600 voicemails."

"Damon, all night long, every single street in town, we've been searching. What if your blood hasn't passed out of her system?"

"Well, then at least you know you'll see her again."

I took the grimoire from him, "Cut the crap, Damon. You were with Anna before, so you obviously know where she lives. Tell us where she is so we can find Elena."

Damon snatched the book back and started reading again, "Nope. You two can go. Really."

Stefan tried, "You know, all I can remember is hating you. There might have been a time when that was different, but your choices have erased anything good about you. But, see, I also know that you have just as much reason to hate me." Stefan looked at me. "You do too, Bels. But, after years you finally forgave me." He looked back at Damon, "This all began with me. Katherine got taken away from the both of you because me. And I'm sorry."

"Apology accepted." Damon said.

"So please, just tell me what you know. It's Elena, Damon. If you know something...tell me."

Damon gave up and closed the book. He was looking at us, "I mean this sincerely. I hope Elena dies." He got up with the book and left.

》》》》

Stefan and I split up again looking for Elena. Well, he was looking for Elena, I was looking for Anna. You find one you're about to find the other. I went to the grill and searched the place. No sign of either of them. I saw Matt and Tyler near the pool table. I also spotted Jeremy. I went over to him, I hope he knows where either of them are.