You're Undead To Me

Disclaimer: I do not own The Vampire Diaries, only Bela.

Stefan and I decided to check in on Damon before we went to school. So that's why we're outside the cell door. Damon was laying down, looking weaker than usual.

"Where's my ring?" He asked weakly. Stefan just deadpanned, "You won't be needing it anymore." Damon let out a groan. "How long have I been here?"

"Three days." I answered.

"What are you two doin'?"

Stefan began explaining, "During the Dark Ages when a vampire's actions threatened to expose or bring harm upon the entire race, they would face judgment. They sought to reeducate them rather than to punish them."

Damon asked, "You know what will happen if I don't...feed on blood?"

This brought a little smile to my face. I said, "You'll grow weaker and weaker and eventually you won't be able to move or speak. In a week your skin will desiccate, and you'll mummify. A living corpse, unable to hurt anyone. Ever."

"So what, you're just going to leave me in the basement, forever?"

"Bela injected you with enough vervain to keep you weak. Once your circulation stops, we'll move you to the family crypt, and then in 50 years, we can reevaluate." Stefan tells him.

Damon let out a strained chuckle, "I'm stronger than you think."

I responded, "You always have been. But you're not stronger than the vervain and we all know it."

Stefan finished, "I'm sorry. Didn't have to be this way." He leaves. I was about to walk out when Damon called me.

"What about our deal?" He asked.

I let out a chuckle, "Damon, I promised I would help you with what ever your plan was and in return you leave me alone and not hurt my friends. Never said anything about me hurting you. I'm still going to help, it's just the plan has been put on hold." I walked out after that.

I grabbed bag from the floor and made my way over to Stefan. "Ready?" I asked him.

"You're both going to school?" Zach asked us.

"Came here to live a life." Stefan started. I then said, "It's about time we go back to it."

"And Elena, if she's still speaking to me." Stefan stated sadly as he put on his jacket.

"Why haven't you call her?" Zach asked.

"What am I suppose to do, feed her another lie? I hate lying to her, Zach. I'm not good at it. She already thinks I'm hiding something."

"That's because you are. She can't find out about us. Think about what she might do if she ever found out." I tell him.

"And what choice did you have? You guys came back here because you wanted to live as normal a life as you could. You knew this was going to be part of it." Zach added.

Stefan didn't say anything and left.

》》》》

On the way to school, Stefan told me what happened between him and Elena. We spotted them near the lockers. This is going to be awkward.

"Hey." Stefan greeted them. Elena looked pissed. Bonnie must have known what happened because she excused herself.

Stefan tries to apologize, "I'm so sorry I haven't called." Elena was giving him her best sarcastic smile, "No worries. I'll live."