Chapter 10

(Jack's P.O.V.)

FOOD! DINNER! YUM! YAY! I run down the stairs at the smell of food, or more specifically, pizza. I run into the kitchen, grabbing a plate and about four pieces of pizza.

"Well then. Someone's hungry." Mark laughs. I nod, taking a bite. "I wouldn't if I were you..." He says. I cock my head to the side, and then...

"IT BURNS!" I yell, spitting the pizza out. Mark just laughs, completely ignoring the fact that I just burned my tongue. "Oh god..." I say, closing my eyes.

"Yeah I just took it out of the oven." He says. I fake cry, making him laugh more. Eventually, I just join in as well. Mark gets some pizza too and goes over to the living room, sitting down on the couch. I head over, putting my pizza down on the coffee table.

"I'm gonna wait a minute." I say, still smiling. Mark hesitates, but nods, putting his pizza down as well.

"Probably a smart idea." He says, flipping through TV channels. I head back into the kitchen to get something to drink but as soon as I walk in I freeze.

There's a knife, a kitchen knife, as expected. But... I want to pick it up... Why do I want to pick it up? I don't know, I just do. I walk closer to it, reaching my hand out but I stop myself. No. I know what's going on. Anti's trying to get me to do things, he's controlling my thoughts, he's trying to take over... No. No no no. I turn away, going over to the fridge, not daring to look at the knife. In only a matter of seconds I'm back in front of the knife.

"Pick it up Jack. Come on." Anti whispers, menacing and dark. I reach forward, just barely touching the handle, when I pull my hand back, shaking my head. I don't want to pick it up... But I do... This is too difficult. I turn, running out of the kitchen though I don't necessarily want to, even though I do.

"Jack? What's wrong?" Mark asks but I don't say a word, I just run out of the house. "Jack!" Mark calls, but I keep running.

I want to turn back, go back to the house, but I refuse. I refuse to give in to him. I continue running, I run into the nature preserve, running down a trail as Anti whispers, trying to get into my head more then usual, trying to break free. I can feel what he wants and what I want and I hate it. I don't stop running, I just run as fast as I possibly can down the trail.

"Stop fighting and just go back. Listen to me." Anti growls.

"No! No! No!" I say, going off the trail a bit. I hide behind a tree, shrubbery shielding me from the trail. And I just cry. I physically hurt trying to keep him at bay, I so badly want to go back but I know that if I do I will pick up that knife and be forced to say goodbye to Mark. And I'm not letting Anti do that. I bring my knees up to my chest, putting my head down and just sobbing, not bothering with anything. I don't even pull my hood up when it starts raining. I just sit and I cry.

***

It's been about an hour now. It's still raining and I've stopped crying, I only sob every once and a while. Anti has stopped tormenting me for now, though I don't dare go back to the house yet... Just in case... I stay silent, my knees tucked in, my head resting against the tree. That is, until I hear panting above the noise from the rain. And footsteps, heavy footsteps. The person, whoever they are, is running. I wonder why they're out here. In the rain. At eight P.M.

"Damn it, where is he?" I hear the person say and I recognize the voice. I would always recognize his voice. It's Mark. I inhale sharply, surprised. Please don't hear me, please don't hear me. Mark's panting stops and it's silent except for the rain. I hear some of the shrubbery move.

"Jack? Is that you?" I hear Mark ask. I close my eyes, not bothering to hide myself anymore. I open my eyes then, resting my head on my knees, silent. "Oh my god..." Mark says, and I look up slightly to see him kneel down in front of me.

"Jack..." He says, and I think he wants to say more but can't. I stay in my original position, I don't move an inch. I inhale and exhale shakily, the same way I have been the past hour. I observe Mark. Unlike me, he doesn't have any protection from the rain except for his red flannel shirt he was already wearing earlier. His hair is soaked and falling into his eyes, his glasses spotted with raindrops.

"Jack are you okay?" He asks, incredibly concerned. If the roles were switched, I would be too. I don't want to speak, I can't easily find my voice. But eventually, I do.

"H... How long have you been looking for me?" I ask quietly.

"As soon as you ran out I got some shoes on and I ran out after you but you were already in here by then." He answers. I nod, putting my head down again. "Jack, please answer me. Are you alright?" He asks. I shake my head.

"I don't know..." I say quietly. It's silent for a minute, the rain soothing me somewhat.

"You want to go home?" Mark asks then, quietly, gently as if I'd break with loud words. Which, knowing me, I might. I think, just sitting there. But then I lift my head and I nod.

"That'd be nice." I say and Mark smiles, which makes me smile. Then he stands, helping me stand afterwards. Then we walk home in the rain. 

A/N: Oh my god, people are actually reading this? This is amazing! Thank you! Also, I know I haven't been very good with a schedule. =P. I'm changing that though. I will be updating this story 1 chapter every Wednesday, or at least until it's completed. For those who don't know (which is all of you), I write these stories on Pages on my Mac first, and then I upload the chapter to Wattpad. Right now I'm currently working on a bigger project then my Fan Fiction so it'll only be one chapter per week but after I'm finished writing the ENTIRE Fan Fiction on my computer I may up it to two-three chapters per week, cause I'm nice. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy the rest of my story. Love ya!