x16x

Aria
I didn't move from my spot after I broke the window with the chair. My eyes had widened in realization of what I'd done to the room, my hands reaching up to cover my face in embarrassment and shock. 

I wasn't supposed to be this strong... right? My eyes rolled back as pain began to seep into my body, fire coursing through my veins and I felt as if I would explode. 

Why did this always happen to me? What did I do to deserve it? I felt drunk as I made my way to my mirror, my eyes feeling as if they were melting out of their sockets. When I made eye contact with my reflection, I screamed. 

My eyes weren't black anymore- they were blood red. Even my sclera had lashes of red and the burning only intensified. I pressed the palms of my hands against my eyes and growled in pain. 

It felt as if my body was changing. I pressed my back against the wall across from the mirror, unable to even gasp as I heard the popping of my joints. 

I quickly took off the clothes I was wearing on my top half and looked in the mirror again, turning to view my body. It looked like my bones were shifting. The cracking noise continued to fill the room and I collapsed against the floor, unable to bear the pain any longer. 

It was hard to describe the pain, imagine dislocating your elbow or collarbone multiple times and having it popped back in place. That's what it was like. My eyelids fluttered as I tried not to pass out, that had been happening way too often lately. 

Even my teeth felt as if they were shifting and I pressing my hands against my mouth, wincing when my top lip was nipped by one of my bottom teeth, instantly gaining a sharp cut. 

How the fuck?! When had my teeth become so sharp?! 

The movements of my bones under my skin gradually slowed until they stopped. My head throbbed, the deafening silence in my room making it even more intense as I struggled to sit up. 

My skin felt like it had been stretched and then shrunk back, making every movement slightly painful. It might sound odd but, even my hair hurt. 

When I managed to slightly stand, supporting myself on the wall behind me, I looked into the mirror once again. My eyes were dark again but glowed a faint red, my lips were dark red as well and I opened my mouth, grimacing when my gums appeared to be the same feral color. 

My teeth had changed, they were so much sharper than they had been before though it wasn't too noticeable unless someone decided to stare straight into my mouth. My tongue was also sharper, if that was possible. 

It was longer and more narrow as opposed to flat and short like before. My hair had even more red in it, what the hell was it with this damn color? It was getting on my nerves. 

My whole head wasn't red, but there were more streaks. I counted slowly, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion at the precise spacing between each streak. 9 streaks. Why 9? What was so special about this number? 

I gathered all of my hair together and sat it on top of my head before tugging a loose black beanie on top of it, thinking it better to not attract more attention to myself. It felt slightly irritating to have my hair covered and to have the cloth touching it, as weird as that may sound.

~*~ 

I talked to the Dean after I was called to the main office about the chair-through-my-window incident. I lied and said that I was trying to find something important and when I slung the chair up, I didn't expect it to go right through the window. 

He just muttered a "whatever" and sent a repairman up to my dorm to replace it. I cleaned up as much of the room as I could, though I'm sure it still looked like a disaster. Thankfully the repairman didn't mention it to anyone. 

I put my head in my hands as I sat outside, not bothering to go to any of my classes. It was weird how I could feel my hair without even touching it. I fought the urge to take my beanie off and took a deep breath, pursing my lips. 

I was careful not to close my mouth too hard and even fought not to pull my lip between my teeth, knowing how sharp they had become. I tensed as the air beside me moved, my senses hyperactive after the episode in my room this morning. 

I could smell him, Taehyung. I looked at him questioningly, only to see him curiously staring at my beanie. He reached up without even asking and tugged it off my head, gasping when the pale blonde and deep red tendrils fell around my face. 

He hesitantly reached out and grasped one of the red streaks between his fingertips, brushing against it softly while simultaneously brushing the back of his fingers against my ear. Without even realizing it, I purred. 

The sound came from the back of my throat and my face flushed when I heard myself. I hadn't even meant to make that sound, but it came back again when Taehyung's soft fingers moved to the other streaks in my hair. 

My eyelids fluttered and my eyes rolled back as I clenched my fingers in the grass below me, subconsciously leaning my head against his hand. I stopped when Tuai's voice suddenly struck into the silence and opened my eyes, I guessed she was finally back at school. 

Thankfully she hadn't noticed us yet and I stood quickly, not looking at Taehyung before I walked back to my dorm. I heard Tuai in the background calling Taehyung's name and squealing in delight. 

My black flats lightly scoffed against the grass beneath my feet as I sighed, biting the insides of my cheeks with enough force for them to bleed lightly. 

When I pursed my lips together, I reached up to touch my bottom lip. It felt fine, perfectly healed actually. How had I not noticed this before? Even the bruises I had sustained were gone... 

For maybe the millionth time in the past two years, I asked myself:

What was happening to me?