x7x

Aria

Later that week

"You really haven't seen Taehyung today?" Tuai asked one of her friends as she passed by our table, I watched as the girl shook her head. 

Tuai nervously bit her bottom lip and swept her gaze across the room before landing on me. She narrowed her eyes and turned away from me quickly, storming back the way she came. 

No one had seen Taehyung today? 

Come to think of it, I hadn't seen him in a few days- ever since I snapped at him for being so worked up over Jungkook touching me. 

I wondered if he was okay... 

"Stop that." I whispered to myself, hating how I was feeling worried about someone I barely knew. 

But still, I couldn't help it. A part of me always thought of Taehyung, regardless of how ..disconnected.. we were. 

I jumped a bit when the seat next to me was taken, turning my head to the side and smiling lightly at Jungkook. 

"Hey, Kookie.." I murmured, pushing my extra plate of fries to him. He smiled in delight, grabbing several at a time and stuffing them in his mouth. 

Jungkook and I had talked frequently over the past few days, he was just nice to be around. 

"Hey, Juancock!" Lua exclaimed as she pushed herself into the seat on the other side of me. I glared at her, gaping at the nickname. 

She merely flashed a sarcastic smile at me and laughed a little when Jungkook started choking on the fries he had stuff between his lips. 

I lightly pat his back in attempt to help and he pulled back to wipe his teary eyes that had begun to leak from the choking. He laughed lightly and shook his head, glancing back and forth between the two of us. 

Lua had been rude to him ever since I befriended him and I didn't understand why. She hardly ever talked to me anymore either. 

When Hyei sat down, Lua scooted closer to her and smiled happily, "Wanna go catch a movie after the exam this afternoon?!" 

Hyei nodded and took a bite of her sandwich, grinning with her mouth full. "Can I come too?" I asked, placing my fingers around Lua's wrist and ignoring the slight burning. 

The more I got used to people touching me, the less and less it hurt. It was like I previously had a new layer of skin and had to build up a tougher layer to objects that passed over it. 

Lua looked at me from the corner of her eyes and rolled them in what seemed to be annoyance, "Did I ask if you could come?" she huffed, pulling her wrist away. 

I frowned, wondering what I had done to make her so mad at me. "Luu.. what did I do?" I murmured, grasping her wrist again and pleading her to look at me. 

She sighed and turned to me, pinching the bridge of her nose. "You're too clingy, sorry but I only felt sorry for you. Now you have Jungkook, please stop trying so hard." 

She pried my fingers off of her and turned back to Hyei, who looked between the two of us with confusion and something that looked like second-hand-hurt from how I was being treated, though she didn't say anything. 

I felt someone softly place their hand over my left one and looked over at Jungkook, who was smiling sadly. "I'll take you," he promised, squeezing my fingers. 

I smiled a little and nodded, mouthing "thank you" to him. 

~*~ 

Jungkook pulled my hand behind him as we walked up to theater, he was more excited than I was.