x4x

a/n he makes me so weak

Yuki
The next day

I had no idea what it was that happened between Taehyung and I last night. His touch relieved so much of my pain that I fell asleep with his chest against mine. 

I had woken up this morning alone, only the ripped pieces of Taehyung's headband left over as evidence of what happened. 

Before getting dressed, I quickly glanced at myself in the mirror, relieved to see that my skin wasn't quite so pink anymore. 

I opened my mouth slowly and stuck out my tongue. It all seemed fine, though my lips were still quite red. 

I liked them like this though, despite how tender they felt; the color was nice against my skin. 

My eyes traveled up my reflection in the mirror to my hair, and I sighed in frustration. 

The red streak was still there. Not only that, but it apparently had a sister now, one that was attached to the other side of my head. 

I shook my head side to side lightly, watching as my bangs that were cut straight across my forehead, against my eyebrows, gently swished. 

I sighed in defeat and turned to my wardrobe, selecting a simple dark green tee and black joggers. 

Suddenly, I felt my skin burning again. Not like last night, nowhere near that bad; it felt the same as it did when I caught Taehyung with Taui. 

Only this time, the sides of my face and my entire chest burned, as if someone pushed the front of my body against the grate of a furnace. 

I had built up a new tolerance to this sort of thing, thanks to what happened the night before, and simply cringed at the pain as a few tears leaked from my eyes. 

Once the pain passed and I dressed completely, I slipped on my white Vans before grabbing my keys and cell phone, slinging my bag over my shoulders, locking our room door behind me.

~*~
It was beautiful outside. Not too sunny, but not cloudy at all. 

The humidity was down, as well as the temperature, and I couldn't help but feel peaceful standing in the middle of the student square. 

I felt rather than saw Taehyung as he came outside, intending to keep my gaze locked on the clouds floating above us. 

He made no sounds as he moved, but I could subconsciously tell where he was at each second. 

This type of awareness freaked me out, frankly, but I had no idea what else to do. 

I allowed the straps of my bag to slip off my shoulders and onto the freshly cut grass, closing my eyes and breathing in contentedly as I sank to my knees and then moved to sit on my butt with my legs stretched in front of me. 

It was this moment that I realized how scared I had been yesterday, how I feared my life would never be the same due to the pain I felt, and how lucky I was to be able to feel such peace at this time. 

"Thank you.." I whispered, knowing he heard me. I felt the brush of air beside me as he sat down, causing me to open my eyes and glance sideways at him. 

He had a secret smile gracing his plump lips, pursing them before plucking out some of the blades of grass on the ground surrounding us. 

"I've never heard you really speak before, but a whisper is a start," he whispered back to me, and I grunted in response though I managed a smile when the corners of his lips pulled up into a small grin.