x2x

a/n fucking kill me tae

Yuki

The next morning

I sat up in my XL Twin bed and covered my face with my hands, yawning softly as the sunlight pouring through the windows attempted to push through the cracks between my fingers and assault my tired eyes. 

Lua was already gone, as usual, and I rose from my blood colored sheets to shuffle across the bedroom floor to my wardrobe. 

I pulled out my pink and red flower print button-up top that felt like silk, deciding to wear it on top of a loose white tank top without buttoning it. 

The pink stripes going across my white sports bra was slightly visible through the tank but I didn't bother changing, instead reaching further in my closet to grab my favorite black skirt. 

It was slightly ruffled and poofed, ending just above my knees, contrasting greatly against my snow colored calves. 

I bit my lip in frustration as I couldn't seem to get a good grip on my red flats, wincing when my foot slipped and my teeth nipped my lip too hard. 

I hissed in pain and sucked my lower lip into my mouth. 

I tasted the metallic flavor of my blood as I tried to make it stop bleeding, I was sure that there would be a bright red splotch on one spot of my lip throughout the day and I sighed. 

I reached further in and finally grasped my flats, slipping them on my feet before I stood and closed my eyes, slowly breathing in and out to prepare myself for the exhausting experience of leaving my room. 

I didn't bother looking in the mirror on my wall as I grabbed my cell phone and keys, locking the room door behind me.

~*~ 

First class had been a bore, per usual, however I couldn't stop feeling like people were looking at me. 

More than they normally did. 

I was already an odd sight so be seen, but it never felt like they were staring at me so hard that they'd burn holes through my skin, like it did now. 

I sat in the back of the library, reading for the two hours I had before my next class began. 

When I entered the lecture hall and found my place beside Lua, her eyes widened and she gasped at me. I squinted my eyes at her, obviously puzzled at her reaction. 

"Yo-" She was cut off by the professor buzzing his alarm in the front of the room (his attempt at getting the students to shut up and notice him). 

She sat tensed in her seat, almost like she had a cactus shoved up her ass and I lightly popped her arm in irritation. 

"What?" I mouthed at her, gesturing to myself. 

Her eyes widened even further than I thought possible and she tugged on my hair. 

I winced and jerked back out of her reach, wondering what the hell her problem was. 

The professor buzzed his alarm louder this time and our attention was jerked to the front but Lua still sat like she was being sodomized by plant life. 

~*~ 

I didn't bother waiting for Lua before I left the room to make my way to the cafeteria, and I heard her screech and run up to me before I managed to make my way through the double doors. 

I glanced back at her in irritation, shrugging her hand off my shoulder and pushing the doors open. 

She screeched again and all conversation in the room stopped as it felt like every single person was looking at us. 

Tuai and Taehyung walked by with their sodas when they spotted me and both of them suddenly jerked to a stop. 

Taehyung looked like someone slapped him across his face, while Tuai's face first went from a shocked expression to looking like she was going to cry of laughter, mumbling out, "Nice new fashion statement, loser" and snickering. 

I turned to Lua and furrowed my brows at her, but she just grabbed my arm and yanked me out of the cafeteria and into the bathrooms. 

She pushed me in front of the nearest sink and mirror and I rasped out a disbelieving gasp at my appearance. 

One lock of my normally coconut colored hair was streaked red. Bright red. It looked so foreign resting against the other soft curls adorning my head. 

I flipped my hair over in the mirror, trying to find more strands like the red ones, but couldn't find any. 

My breathing became labored as I glanced to the reflection of my mouth. 

One couldn't tell I had nearly split my lip open this morning, because it looked like my entire mouth had been soaked in blood. 

I opened my mouth and stuck my tongue out, cringing when it and my gums had the same appearance. 

I looked down at my white tanktop and could see a faint discoloration apart from the pink stripes of my bra, and I quickly jerked my tops off and nearly cried at my chest. 

Starting in the center, directly between the start of my cleavage, was red. It struck out against my skin like whiplashes, disfigured and discolored veins that made my skin appear now transparent. 

I stood on the nearly dirt colored rim of the sink in front of the mirror and saw that the same was happening to the backs of my knees and I lowered myself to a squat, seeing the color spread in a strip across my back and shoulders and down my left side. 

Tears sprang to my eyes and I looked to Lua, covering my mouth. Her eyes were watery as she watched me, holding her hands out to me like she was scared. 

Not scared of me, but for me.

I screamed as my skin burned.