Chapter One-Hundred-Fourteen

Start from the beginning

My heart was now racing. I knew that I had been found out. I had little time left until I would be stopped.

I jammed a few different buttons and luckily found the one I needed that lifted the stands upwards and folded them into the ship so it was levitating.

Alarms began to glare. I turned and checked out the window. Stormtroopers began to flood into the hangar and were stomping directly towards me. I began to hyperventilate and I turned back to the controls.

I then urgently pushed the thrusters forward, resulting in the ship and myself rocketing out of the hangar since no stands held us grounded.

The ship veered into the stars and I slammed the thrusters into full power. The glowingly bright specks around me that were stars transformed into streams of light as the ship accelerated to full speed.

After several minutes of shooting through space at top velocity I figured no one from the First Order had been sent to chase me. This was peculiar, but perhaps they had figured out it was I that stole the ship and they didn't bother giving chase to me.

That didn't bother me. I would return eventually. What scared me was what punishment could potentially be in store for me upon my arrival.

I set course for the Resistance's base and began my short, hyper speed journey.

*****

I circled around the planet where the base was located. I attempted to radio to the Resistance and received nothing but static for several minutes. Eventually another voice returned to me through the line. 

"Pilot of the unknown First Order vehicle, you do not have permission to land. I repeat, you do not have permission to land. State your name and reason of presence or we will attack." A male, quirky voice spoke through the radio. The voice was slightly familiar. 

"Um, I'm Nira Leven and I'm here to speak with General Organa." I said as I gently piloted my ship in circles above the land. 

Static . . . For a humorous amount of time, too. 

"You have permission to land." The male voice stated, sounding a bit sheepish. 

I struggled to land my ship and when the landing hilts did touch ground, I was jolted about violently in the cockpit. I had no idea how to open the cockpit or shut off the ship, so after banging on the glass cockpit for a few moments three Resistance pilots gave me help. 

I was standing on the paved road of the Resistance base once again, inhaling the fresh air in exhilaration. Don't get me wrong, I deeply enjoy being a part of the First Order and living on the base, but sometimes a change in scenery is quite refreshing. 

I glanced about, a little embarrassed about my shaky entrance. Finally the man that last flew me back to the First Order's based walked up to me with a friendly, wide grin on his features. 

"Nira!" He called, extending a hand to me. I thought for a moment about his name. 

Pie? Pow? It's something weird and short that starts with a P . . . I thought as I returned his charm with a smile and a hand shake -- his hand shake was much harder than I expected. 

"Poe." I greeted calmly after recalling his name. I glanced around and released his hand, letting my smile drop off my face. "Do you know where . . . General Organa is? I need to speak with her." 

I looked back at Poe after receiving silence for several seconds. He was staring at me with concern. "I don't know if I can take you to her . . . For security reasons. You've got to understand." 

I raised my eyebrows at him, taken aback. "Excuse me? I would like to see General Organa please, now." 

Poe shook his head. "No can do, Nira. I'm sorry, it's not my call." He slowly backed away with his hands raised as if he were surrendering. 

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. Everyone on the pavement was staring at me as if I were an alien, but none seemed inclined to help me. 

Finally a familiar voice said, "Nira,", and I gratefully turned around to see General Leia Organa herself approaching me. 

A relieved sigh fell from my lips. "Hello, General. I came to speak and we need to speak quickly because I don't want to risk the First Order coming for me." 

Leia pressed her lips tightly together, smiled, and nodded. "Follow me." 

Leia had two huge, muscular men donning completely black clothing following closely behind her. I identified them as security guards. They held massive blasters at their waists and kept protectively close to the General. 

I followed the intimidating trio to a small building made of stone. When we entered I recognized the building by the turquoise holograms and maps rising laterally from holoprojectors made of stone. A large, oval, cream-colored stone table was placed in the center of the room surrounded by other lateral holoprojectors, computers, and screens. Leia sat at the single table in the back left corner of the room. I copied her suite and sat.

She gazed at me. "Why have you come here again, Nira? The treaty will pass. I communicated with Kylo Ren this morning. So why have you chosen to abandon and . . . Screw it, piss off your people further by visiting?"

I stared blankly, trying to find the right words to say. 

"Kylo Ren needs you." I senselessly blurted. General Organa looked confused by my words. I closed my eyes slowly and regained my composure before trying again. 

"Kylo Ren is going through complex emotional trauma because he believes you despise him because of what he did to . . . To Han. I know that he is ignoring his internal emotions because he thinks he has to stay strong but I also know that he won't be able to ignore his internal emotions forever. I have no doubt in mind that those emotions of his are strengthening and growing more dangerous with his neglect. I know that if he doesn't face his emotions soon or find resolve that Kylo Ren will find a way to release those emotions and the release will be explosive." 

General Organa raised an eyebrow. "And what would you like me to do about this dilemma?" 

"Well . . . Do you hate him?" I tentatively questioned. 

The General scoffed. "Of course not! He's my son. I don't hate him and I don't think I ever could. I love him. Same as his father." 

I nodded and paused for a moment to pray and hope that Leia would comply with my completely insane demands. 

"I want you to come back to the First Order with me so you can tell him that. Not only to protect everyone from his imminent dangerous outburst, but for him because I love him. I really do. I can't watch him be afraid to talk to you anymore and I know it will be best for him to confront his emotions. Seeing you is the best way for him to do that, I think." I admitted worriedly, feeling stupid and embarrassed for proposing such a thing. 

The General observed me in a way she hadn't ever done before -- impressed. I waited anxiously for her to reply. 

"I will have to consult with my security staff and direct subordinates about the subject but you have sparked my interest, Nira. I'm beginning to like you a lot as well." Leia grinned jokingly, and I felt elated. 

_____

Author's Note

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I'm just really tired and ever since cross country started I got super busy. I'll try to update again soon. 

But hey, about that race! I won! I was the overall best women's time and my coach made a  little wooden trophy to commemorate it, hahahah!! 

Okay see you later :)