Author's Note

Whoo-ee! That was a wild ride!

Anyways, I can hardly believe that after nine months, Child of Legends is finally complete! (If that's not a perfect metaphor for a brainchild, I don't know what is.) And I couldn't have done this without you, so I'd like to thank all of you for reading this book. I really appreciate it!

So I decided to use this time to talk about some trivia, interesting facts about the story, and things that didn't make the cut.

• Before we start, let me just address the Donphan in the room and confirm that, YES, this story was inspired by Percy Jackson. There are also some elements of Harry Potter (getting sorted into their houses), Star Wars (villain in dark clothes with lightning-based powers), and Steven Universe (special weapons, technicolor humanoids, red person/blue person couple, red person with black hair that has fire powers)

• Diane's surname, Almaz, means "diamond" in Russian. It can also mean "adamant", which fits just as well, considering you summon Dialga with the Adamant Orb.

• The children of the Weather Trio are all named after pre-Olympian gods. We all know Terrence Gaia, and you may have already known that Gaia is the Greek goddess of the earth. But during the Chapter 3 "sorting scene" we hear about 2 other characters: Lake Pontus (daughter of Kyogre) and Ariel Uranus (daughter of Rayquaza). Pontus is a pre-Olympian sea god, and Uranus is the Greek god of the sky.

• The name "Diane" actually means "divine" or "heavenly", which Diane definitely is. What's interesting is that I didn't know this, and instead chose the name because it contains the first three letters of "Dialga", and also sounds similar to "diamond"

• Terrence's name contains the French word for earth, terre. This was intentional, as Groudon is associated with the earth element and is the ruler of the land.

• Reggie and Gigi's names, when put together, sound like "Regigigas". And, of course, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that Lucy is a pun on Lugia.

• Remember in Chapter 22 when the password for the Legend's Club is "Angler Dye"? Well, "Angler Dye" is an anagram of "legendary".

• The "symbols" described in Chapter Nineteen are actually Braille, like the inscriptions in the Sealed Chamber and the Regi Trio's hiding places.

• The insult "turdblaster" was actually created using a "random insult generator" and I liked it so much I decided it would be Gigi's thing.

• Reggie and Gigi were originally not intended to play as big of a role in the story as the role they ended up playing. Originally, they were supposed to be background characters, but since I was going through a Regigigas phase at the time that I was writing Chapter 4, I decided to make them main characters. And I'm glad I did make them main characters, because they immediately became fan favorites.

• Madeleine Ciel (from Chapter 2) was originally going to play a larger role than she ended up playing, but she became kind of a one-hit wonder. Another fun fact about her is that her name, Madeleine, was chosen because it means "tower", and you fight Ho-Oh at the top of a tower. (I know this because my real name is actually Madeline, which kind of prevented me from making her a prevalent character because it would feel like self-insertion.)

• In ORAS (yes, that game again. Anyone who is familiar with this account knows that ORAS is a popular topic on this account.), my Dialga is named Diane and my Zekrom is named Zeke.

Anyways, that's about it. Again, I would like to thank you all so much for reading this story! You guys are the best!

But this is not the end for Diane and the gang.

Oh, far from it.

The saga continues in:

CHILD OF LEGENDS II: PRINCE OF SPACE!

Thanks for reading and, until next time....

STAY SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS MY LITTLE EMBERS!