Chapter Eight

I woke up, and a camera flashed. Then I saw Irene was holding the camera, and Roxy and Alice were on either side of my bed.

"First morning at camp!" Roxy said. "Woo-hoo!"

"Thanks, but why did you do the camera thing again?" I asked.

"It's a thing we do." Alice explained. "Roxy's older sister Shale always used to do that on any newcomer's first day. She did that to Roxy, so Roxy did it to me, so I did it to Irene, so Irene did it to you." 

Then Jeannie Hoop poked her head into the Dialga cabin. "Hey, guys, it's time for breakfast. Diane, I suggest you get out of your pajamas, and you other girls, you better hurry up. See ya there!"

I looked down at my blue T-shirt and blue pajama pants with Piplups on them. I got out of bed, took off my pajamas, and threw on a pair of shorts and the Camp Arceus T-shirt we had gotten the day before. It was wildly different from what I usually wore (knee-length dress, winter coat, long frilly stockings, snow boots), but hey, I wasn't in Snowpoint, so I probably wouldn't dress like it was zero degrees outside.

When we went to our table, I saw the Regigigas kids slowly plodding down to the table, then faceplanting on the table. It was hilarious. I guess that was the "March of the Zombies".

We ate our breakfast and then Vicky stood up on a table. "Ladies and gentlemen!" she said. "I have some news!"

"Dialga's Hourglass has been stolen! Dialga has been worried sick, and if it is not returned to him in seven days, he will challenge Palkia to a duel to the death, and our entire world will cease to exist. Of course, no one but a demi-legendary could know a legendary Pokémon well enough. Who wants to go on this adventure?"

The diamond embedded in my chest began to tingle and glow. I knew that was my Dialga side wanting to take the challenge. So I stood up.

"I will!" I said.

Lucy Brine stood up. "So will I!"

Terrence Gaia joined her. "As will I!"

Reggie and Gigi Golem also stood up. "We'll do it too!"

"Good." Vicky said. "You shall leave tomorrow morning-"

"WAIT!" one of the Mew kids screamed. "I'VE HAD A VISION! I see the hourglass... mmmm... uhhhh... in the Distortion World! I think it was Giratina that stole it!"

We all gasped. "Well," Vicky said. "The only way you can find Giratina is to collect six things:

-A spoon bent by Mew.
-A Ho-Oh feather.
-A Rayquaza fang.
-A patch of moss from Regigigas's shoulder.
-A lock of Meloetta's hair.
-And one of Hoopa's rings.

That is the only way you can enter the realm of Giratina."

All five of us accepted the challenge. We were to leave the next day, so we spent the rest of the day playing games, singing songs around the campfire, and generally having fun. And as I fell asleep that night I thought one thing.....

Father, is this what you wanted?