Hidey

I didn't say a word the entire way back. I felt miserable. I saw Will glancing at me out of the corner is his eye, but he remained silent. Ironhide hadn't said a word to me either, not that it bothered me: I didn't really want to talk at all. As soon as Ironhide came to a stop, I hopped out and headed for the house. I heard Will call after as I walked past Sarah. As soon as I made it to my room, I curled up on the bed at let the tears flow. Bumblebee's words stung me in more ways than one: the fact that my aunt was dead, that it haunted me every minute of every day... And that it was my fault. A soft knock pulled me from my thoughts. Sarah's voice was soft and gentle.

"Alyssa, may I come in?"

I didn't reply. I was afraid my voice would crack. Sarah opened the door, her eyes softening as she observed me. I was slightly surprised when I found myself wrapped in her arms. I had been hugged by the Autobots before, but not in this way... For some reason, it felt different.

"Will told me what happened," she said. "I'm sorry about Bee."

She wiped away some of my tears and smiled gently at me. I took a deep breath before wiping away the rest.

"Thank you, Mrs. Sarah."

"Of course," she said before smiling lightly. "How about I take you shopping with me tomorrow. Annabelle's birthday is coming up, and I still need to get her a present. Maybe you can help me?"

I smiled. "Sure. Doesn't sound too hard."

**

"Why is this so hard?"

Sarah and I had been at the mall for five hours, and still haven't found Annabelle a birthday gift! How hard was it to shop for a soon-to-be six year old? The Autobots and NEST soldiers already got their gifts for Annabelle... Oh, right.

"Did you really have to tell the Autobots about unicorns and princess dolls?"

"Actually, that was Will."

I groaned before collapsing into a chair. At this rate, we would have nothing to give to Annabelle. And, sadly, this was the first birthday party I've ever been to and I was already set up to make a bad impression. Sarah smiled at me and patted my shoulder.

"You look worn out," she chuckled. No kidding. "How about you go wait with Ironhide? I'll get us smoothies."

"But what about--"

"It's fine, I'm sure I'll be able to find Annabelle a gift."

I have Sarah a small smile before heading back to the parking lot. I still felt bad that I wasn't able to find Annabelle a gift, but then a loud honk pulled me out of my thoughts. I jumped and whipped around to see Ironhide flashing his headlights at me.

"Ironhide, what are you--?"

"There's something inside me!" He hissed. He sounded like he was in slight pain. I frowned and hesitantly approached him.

"Um... Where?"

"Under me," Ironhide growled. "Get it out!"

I sighed before crawling under The truck. "Just curious, what does it look like?"

"Small and covered with fur. Probably a rodent."