Leave it all in the Past

Dedicated to primuskat

"Are you sure it's her?"

"Positive."

There was a sigh. I knew I shouldn't had told him. He wouldn't let me do it, not yet anyways. "Look, hon--"

"I can kill her, quick and simple," I said quickly. "No one will see--"

"No!" He snapped. "That's not what you're suppose to do! At least, not yet..."

"But--"

"Stick. To. The. Mission."

I growled in annoyance. I've waited long enough to kill that bitch myself. And now my partner, of all people, was telling me to wait even longer!

"Fine. But I'm still gonna kill her."

"All in good time, Dess," my parter said. "All in good time."

I rolled my eyes. "Fuck you for always talking sense into me."

He just chuckled. "You're welcome. Hey, how long has your friend been waiting for you?"

My eyes widened as I looked out the window. Sure enough, Alyssa was standing in front of the store, looking around as people passed by. How long has she been there?!

"Shit! I gotta go!"

"I'll be watching from a distance," my partner said as I got out of the car. "Just in case."

I gave him a quick nod before hurrying over to Alyssa. Her face brightened as when she saw me. "Hey, Destinee!"

"I am so sorry," I said approached her. "How long have you been waiting?"

"Only thirty minutes," she answered cheerfully. "Well, not counting the other thirty minutes it took to convince Ben to not watch me like hawk while we do our dress shopping."

I mentally smacked myself. "God, I feel awful--"

"It's fine," Alyssa giggled. "Now c'mon, let's go dress shopping!"

I smiled and shook my head as she dragged me into the store. The counter lady looked up smiling, but instantly frowned when she looked at me. Guess my edgy style wasn't very satisfying to her eyes.

"I'm sorry, are you lost?" She said rudely.

I scowled slightly. "No, I think we're in the righted place," I spat as Alyssa led me to the dress section. I discretely flipped the lady off as we passed by, earning a scowl from the old grouch.

"What a bitch," Alyssa scowled. "But the dresses are cute." I chuckled as we rummaged through the dresses.

"So, are you going with anyone?" Alyssa asked suddenly. I was caught off guard at first, but answered nonetheless.

"Well... Skyler asked me to go with him..." I said bashfully. Wait... Since when was I bashful about anything?!

"Are you blushing?" Alyssa asked. My hands flew to my face. Why the hell was it so warm?!

"Please don't tell me my face is red..."

"It's not that-- oh, look at this!"