There Is No Difference

I could make out the forms of the other Autobots as we came closer to the Lincoln Memorial. Even from far away, I could make out the dents and scratches that covered their bodies. Optimus stood with his head hung, holding Elita close to him. Ratchet was busy tending Ironhide's energon covered arm while Chromia and Arced attempted to hold him still. Jazz, on the other hand, was trying to break up a fight between the Twins. Bumblebee honked his horn as he and the others pulled up, catching their attention. Ironhide rushed over to us and knelt down in front of me.

"Is she alright?" He asked Bee as he and the others transformed. "Was she hurt?!"

"She's fine," Bee told him. "We got there~just in time."

"Thank Primus!" Ironhide breathed.

"Your arm..." I gasped. The wound looked much worse up close.

"It's just a scratch, Half-Pint," he said dismissively. "I'll live."

"Optimus!"

Everyone turned to see Destinee and Crosshairs approach us. I saw Bumblebee scowl slightly at the sight of them as Optimus addressed them.

"Destinee," he greeted. "Crosshairs."

"'Ello, Prime," Crosshairs said causally. "Congrats to you and your Spark Mate."

Optimus just gave him a curt nod. He seemed extremely worn out and heavily stressed. 

"Optimus, what happened?" Sunstreaker inquired.

"The Decepticons ambushed us as soon as Jazz and the twins arrived," Optimus said gravely. The only emotion he showed was the grim look on his face. "Luckily, Megatron was not amongst them. We managed to fend them off, but the base was destroyed."

Gloomy silence hung over us. Half the group was injured, and now there was nowhere for us to go. It was then that a horrible thought crossed my mind: if the Decepticons knew where the Autobots were hiding, did they know where I lived? Were my parents in danger because of me?

"What do we do now?" Sideswipe asked for everyone. "Where do we go?"

All eyes turned to Optimus, waiting for an answer. The Prime only shook his head, bluntly stating that he didn't have the slightest clue.

"Well, you can't fight this one on your own."

Everyone looked as Crosshairs in shock. The green mech ignored our stares, keeping his optics locked with Optimus'.

"This is nothing compared to what Megatron most likely has in store for us," he continued. "There's a war coming, Prime. And I think it's time we called in the big guns."

Optimus stared at Crosshairs for a long time, then nodded. "You're right," he agreed before turning to the rest of us. "If Megatron is preparing for war, then we must do the same. It's time for reinforcements."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Wait. Are you saying that there are more Autobots on Earth?"

"A handful of us arrived on your planet first, then more came," Ironhide explained. "Optimus took a few of us to watch keep watch for the Decepticons while the others were left to deal with global issues. I was originally part of the second group, but then Optimus called me for backup because of Barricade."

"We should rest before planning to reach their base," Optimus said. "It will give us time to recover our strength, and for our wounds to heal. Destinee?"

"Yes?"

"Would your father mind if we took refuge with you for the night?"

**

"Here," Destinee said as she handed me a pair of pajamas. "These should do."

I nodded a thanks before slipping on the pajamas. To my surprise, they were a perfect fit. Destinee noticed my slight surprise and smiled sadly.

"My mom was about your size," she said softly. "It's feels nice to see someone wearing them again. They were just sitting in dad's closet, collecting dust."

"... I'm sorry about your mom," I said quietly.

Destinee sighed softly. "She knew the risks. They both did. After I... Well, once I was able to cope with her death, I took her place."

"She was an agent too?" I asked.

"She was an agent," Destinee said. "And one of the best. I'm just an agent in training. Protecting you was my first field mission."

"... So that's all it was to you?" I asked. Even though I was grateful for her help, I was a little hurt that I was just an assignment.

"No!" Destinee said quickly. "I mean, it started out that way. But then I got to know you and... Well, I-I thought it was nice having a friend again."

"Really?" I asked skeptically.

"Hey, would I lie to you?" Destinee teased. "Friends only tell the truth."

I smiled at her words. That was all she needed to say to convince me. Destinee winked as a loud crash came the garage.

"For the last time!" I heard Bee growl. "Get your butt out of my face!"

"Well, here's an idea: Get your bloody bumper outta my aft!" Crosshairs snapped.

"Oh, SHUT UP ALREADY!"

"WE ARE TRYING TO SLEEP!"

Destinee and I shared a look before erupting into laughter.

"We are not getting any sleep tonight!" I giggled.

"It would appear that way," Destinee chuckled. "It's amazing how similar they are to us."

"Not really," I said with a soft smile. "I always wondered if there was any other life in the universe besides us. I mean like actual living being who live lives like ours. I guess my real question was if there was someone else out there, how different are they from us? I know the answer now."

"What is it?" Destinee asked.

"There is no difference between us," I answered. "I mean, of course they're physically different from us. But they have a heart, a mind, a soul, feelings."

Destinee chuckled and shook her head. "That's true."

I smirked slightly. "Maybe that's why it was so easy for us to fall in love with them."

-A/N-

Happy New Year!!