The Lennox Family

"Well, here we are," Will announced as Ironhide pulled up to a cute house with a wrap around porch. The house was in the center of an open space of farmland with no other houses in sight. In front of the house were a variety of flowers surrounded by a fence. There was also a small cornfield behind the house.

"It's not much, but it's home," Will said as Ironhide opened his doors for us.

"I think it's nice," I told him as I reached for my bag. Will and Ironhide had brought me to my house so that I could pack. Arcee, Elita, Chromia, and Desstinee even lent me some clothes since mine had worn out.

Ironhide activated his holoform and took my guitar before Will led us to the house.

"Director Mearing decided that you should be homeschooled because of what happened at your school's Homecoming," Will was saying to me. "Since you'll be spending most of your time at the base, you can do your studies there."

I nodded before following Will into the house. It had a nice, welcoming atmosphere which made me feel right at home. A pretty woman with long curly blond hair and sky blue eyes entered the room.

"Hi, Will," she said as the two shared a kiss. "How was work?"

"Eh, not too bad," Will said before addressing us. "I brought guests."

The woman smiled widely as she and Ironhide hugged each other.

"Ironhide! It's good to have you back."

"It's nice to be back," Ironhide chuckled. The woman turned to me. I suddenly felt rather shy as she smiled at me.

"Well, hello," she said kindly. "You must be Alyssa. Will told me about you over the phone. I'm Sarah by the way."

"It's nice to meet you, Mrs. Lennox," I said shyly. "Thank you for letting me stay in your home."

Sarah just laughed and shook her head. "There's no need to be so formal, honey. Just call me Sarah."

"She's usually shy when meeting new people, but give her some time and she'll warm up to you eventually," Ironhide told her, smiling down at me slightly. "So how's Annabelle?"

"UNCLE HIDE!"

We all turned to see a little girl with blond pigtails and pink overalls run into the room and tackle Ironhide's leg. Ironhide laughed and picked up the girl, causing her to squeal happily.

"Who is this giant?" He laughed before playfully tickling the girl. "Where's my Annabelle, you little monster?"

The girl giggled. "I'm Annabelle!"

I smiled as I watched Ironhide continue to tickle the little the girl. The scene was absolutely adorable to me. She stopped giggling and looked over at me curiously.

"Who's that?" She asked, pointing at me. Ironhide smiled and turned so that Annabelle could see me more properly.

"Annie, this is Alyssa," he told her. "She's going to be staying at your house for a little while."

Annabelle blinked as she looked from me to Ironhide, then back to me. "Are you Uncle Hide's baby?"

I felt my face turn red as Will and Sarah burst out laughing. Where did that come from? Ironhide looked rather embarrassed by the question.