Two Queens

"There, finished!"

I smiled as I looked at my reflection. My eyeshadow sparkled like the sequins of my dress and heels, my curled eyelashes framing my eyes perfectly. My lips had a slight hint of pink, giving them a natural look. Destinee had put my hair in a waterfall braid, which fell past my shoulders in gentle curls.

"I look..."

"Amazing," Destinee smiled before studying herself in the mirror. The black dress hugged her body, showing off her figure nicely. Dark red lipstick, burgundy pumps, smoky eyeshadow, and a side-swept punk braid completed her look.

"So do you," I said.

"Really?" Destinee asked skeptically.

"Hey, would I lie to you?" I teased. "Friends only tell the truth."

I saw Destinee's smile falter slightly and frowned slightly when I saw regret flash in her eyes.

"Alyssa..." She began. "I-I have to tell you something..."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?"

"T-here's a reason why I didn't tell you sooner," Destinee stammered. She paused and took a breath. "Alyssa... The truth is... I'm-I'm actually--"

"Well, look at you girls," Chris said as he and Shane walked in. "You two look absolutely stunning."

"Thanks, Chris," Destinee said as she forced a smile. I had a feeling they interrupted us on purpose, but I kept my mouth shut.

"You look beautiful," Shane said as he hugged his daughter.

"Thanks, dad."

"You do, too," Shane added as he winked at me.

"Thank you."

Chris smiled as the doorbell rang. "Sounds like your dates are here."

Destinee and I shared a smile before answering the door. Sure enough, Bumblebee and Sunstreaker were waiting for us. Sunny had on a gold tuxedo vest with a matching tie, black dress pants, and a nice pair of black shoes. Bee's was somewhat similar, only his vest was yellow,he wore a black jacket, and had a black bow tie.

"You never fail to take my breath away" Bee said softly before kissing my hand.

"You look great, too."

"Hey, Dess," Sunstreaker said nervously as he approached her. "You-you look beautiful."

Destinee blushed and smiled shyly. "Thank you..."

Sunstreaker bit his lip as he reached into his pocket and took out a small box.

"I, uh... I got this for you," he stammered as he gave her the box. "I-I just saw it and thought of you."

Destinee's eyes widened as she opened the box and took out a beautiful silver Cupid heart bracelet. Sunstreaker smiled shyly as he took the bracelet and slipped in on her wrist.

"Skyler, it's beautiful..." Destinee breathed.

"That's why it made me think of you," Sunstreaker said softly. Destinee went silent as she looked at him in shock.