Broken Love

"So he dumped you? Just like that?"

I sighed. "No, Dess... He just asked if I wanted to take a break..."

Destinee frowned. "So, what did you say."

"I told him I need to think about it," I told her. "Can we talk about this later? I need to solve this equation before Prowl gets back."

I had homeschooling today with Prowl, aka Mr. Glitchy (Sunstreaker and Sideswipe's idea, not mine). I didn't support the nickname, but the Terror Twins were right about one thing: Prowl was one up-tight bot. I quickly forgot of his resemblance of Barricade after witnessing his strict sense of logic first-hand. He took his job of being my teacher seriously, but I was too down to care.

What Bee had asked me weighed heavily in my mind, making it nearly impossible to focus on anything else. The only person I had confided to Destinee, and her reaction was the exact reason why I didn't tell anyone else. Despite being more than upset with Bumblebee, Destinee swore to keep what I told her a secret. But now one question remained: did Bumblebee and I need a break?

"But if anyone should have sprung that question, it should had been you!" Destinee hissed as I continued to work. "He's the one who's acting like a jerk!"

I didn't say anything. I didn't want to think about it at all. Destinee quickly got the message and stayed silent. I gave her a slight nod to say my thanks just as Prowl entered the room.

"Ms. Parker, have you finished?"

I only nodded. Prowl raised an optic ridge before turning to Destinee.

"You may leave, Ms. Williams."

I saw Destinee shrug before leaving the room. As soon as she was gone, Prowl turned to me.

"You're relieved of your studies for today, Ms. Parker. You have the rest of the day off to do as you please."

"Thanks, Prowl."

Prowl hesitated for a moment. "Ms. Parker... The others and I wanted to make sure you were alright, given the conversation you and Bumblebee had a few days ago."

That caught my interest.

"You know about that?"

"Destinee may keep secrets, but Wheelie and Brains don't," Prowl told me. Those little fraggers. "We also have security cameras in every hallway and room, or have you forgotten that this is a military base? And don't think it's escaped our notice that you've been rather out of touch the last few days."

I sighed as I turned to face him. "What do you think I should do?"

Prowl looked at me sadly. "I'm afraid none of us can help you make that decision. But it is very clear that there is a lot of strain on your relationship with our young scout."

I bit my lip before leaving the room. What was I suppose to do? Would taking a break fix things or just make them worse? Maybe I was overthinking this, it wasn't like Bee asked if I wanted us to break up.

"Hey, A!"

I looked up to see Smokescreen and approach me. He was smiling, but his optics told me there was something else going on.