Nineteen - Warmth

I couldn't stop smiling throughout the whole day.

I smiled while walking to class, I smiled to the lunch lady even though the food she served looked scary and tasted like shit, I even smiled through the Mr.Kaden's morbidly long physics class.

Just the thought of Angelina made me go through the day.

My friends noticed, of course, but I don't know why I made up some silly story and avoided the truth.

Maybe it's because I feel that whatever is between Angelina and I, is between us.

This is my story, our story.

I guess I just felt like having something of my own.

Jason and Noel told me they were all meeting up at Joe's Pizzeria to catch up since senior year is keeping us all busy and we rarely hang out anymore so I agreed to join them after school.

As I made my way to my apartment, I contemplated texting Angelina to let her know I wasn't coming to the café today, but my thoughts were interrupted when I saw a silhouette sitting on the pavement outside my building.

It was her.

And she was scribbling in her notepad looking lost in thought.

"Angelina!" I called out walking towards her.

"Hey Erik." She said looking up.

"So I was just passing by and umm, I wasn't sure if you'd be heading home after school but my phone died and I decided to wait for a while in case you came and I-I was wondering if you umm-" she stopped as if she was trying to find the right words.

"Yes?" I urged her to go on.

"I was wondering if you'd like to come and visit Noah with me at the hospital?"

Somehow, I knew that my answer would be of huge significance to her.

I mean I knew I had told all my friends I'd meet up with them too, but Angelina's my friend too, not friend-friend, not girlfriend either, but something in between.

I just knew she needed me there with her, and I just couldn't say no.

"Yeah sure, let me just grab my stuff. You can come if you want." I said already making my way to the entrance.

"It's fine I'll just wait for you here." She said smiling, as if she was grateful that I was coming with her.

I was back almost instantly after brushing my hair and teeth and spraying some cologne.

I'll probably remember our kiss every time I brush my teeth, which means I'll smile every time too.

"We're taking the bus." She said making her way to the bus station.

I texted my friends saying that something came up and I was accused of being a loser several times, they even claimed I was replacing them with a hot date from a random dating site.

Hot, yes. Date, not really. Dating website, hell no.

The bus ride was sort of soothing.

Angelina and I shared earphones and she laid her head on my shoulder as we just watched everything rush past us from the window.

There was something comforting about the way the sun shone through her hair or when she'd look at me and smile and suddenly her eyes turned a lighter shade because of the sun and it was like seeing a different person.

It was warm.

She was warmth, she was ease.

She was a feeling of familiarity and home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Short chapter but I'll try to update tomorrow too. By the way, I'm traveling to London tomorrow so I'm not sure if I'll be very active but I'll make sure to update. Only 3 chapters left!
Dedicated to Sir_Cryy for her lovely comments❤️
Don't forget to vote & comment :)