One - Angelina

She spent every day at this café. Literally every day, to the point where you'd think she doesn't have a place to stay. God knows that's what came to my mind at first.

But you could tell that she has a pretty pleasant life back home. You could tell from the way she dresses up, even her most basic clothes look fancy and high-priced. You could tell from her parents, who sometimes pass by on their way back from work. Her mother was a doctor or a nurse because on late nights, she would step down from her car wearing the doctor's white coat. As for her father, he didn't show up much but you could tell he was part of the picture as he constantly calls her while she's here.

She lives a few blocks away –and no I'm not a stalker, thank you very much- I've seen her walking back home one night.

She's been coming day after day to this café for a month now, which is enough time for me to have a pretty satisfying background of her life.

Angelina wasn't that stereotypical girl who comes to cafés to read a book and sip some coffee, and maybe even take a picture of the book and mug in hand. Trust me, I have nothing against them. It's just that these are the typical girls I come across at the café.

Angelina did nothing for show. She never tried to impress the cute barista on his night shifts. Which to be honest, made me wonder if she has a boyfriend.

She usually had her plain dark-brown hair down, but on her messy days, she'd pull it up in a messy bun. A real messy bun, not the -I'm-trying-to-look-smart-but-cute- kind of messy bun. She didn't even check the mirror while doing so. She didn't care about the cute baby hairs framing her face.

She was ... real.

Angelina didn't come with a book in hand, she came with her notepad.

She took several glances at random people then scribbled god knows what for hours in her notepad.

She left me with various questions starting with what she spent hours jotting down and ending with why she gets a different order every day.

But the question that intrigued me the most was "Why does she come here every day?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So that's the first chapter in Sonder. I'd really love to know what you guys think about this so please make sure to leave your opinion in the comments!
Vote & Comment please ❤️