Three - Scenarios

I had everything figured out. I had planned the whole scenario in my head, I wore my black V-neck T-shirt in hopes of creating some contrast with my blue eyes. I even sprayed my favorite and strongest perfume. I was ready.

Today was the day I was talking to Angelina.

As I stepped into the café, I took a quick view around the place, but her spot was empty.

Dumbfounded and disappointed I made my way to my accustomed seat and waved to Lilly, one of the baristas on morning shifts.

"Hello Erik, how are you on this fine day?" She asked.

"I'm well. Have you been reading classics again?" I asked smirking.

"Hmm ... maybe" She said while brewing some coffee with a hint of amusement in her voice. 

She didn't have to ask for my order, I had the same one everyday; Borgia with extra chocolate and whipped cream. But I do change my order every now and then.

There were several things I liked about this café:

-The smell of freshly brewed coffee

-Friendly baristas like Lilly and Nick

-Angelina

But it was 11:26 and she wasn't here yet. She usually came around 10. This was weird and I suddenly started questioning today's plan.

What if she wasn't friendly? What if she was cold and distant? I heard silent writers were incapable of expressing their emotions in a welcoming way.

God, I sound like a girl.

"Man up! She's just a girl" The voice in my head said. I wanted to believe it, I really did. But deep down I knew that Angelina wasn't "just a girl". That beneath her interest in making up stories about strangers was a very compelling yet peculiar personality which I had the immense urge to get to know.

But again, she wasn't here.

Maybe it was for the best.

Maybe god was giving me another chance to rethink before committing an utterly stupid act of idiocy.

Yep, this was definitely a sign.

I ran a hand through my hair, not giving a shit about how messy it probably looks right now. I mean who cares? She's not here anyway.

I immersed myself in one of favorite books, 'Diary of an Oxygen Thief'.

The beginning is one of the most engaging things I've ever read. It goes like:

I liked hurting girls.

Mentally not physically, I never hit a girl in my life. Well once. But that was a mistake. I'll tell you about it later.  The thing is, I got off on it. I really enjoyed it.

"It's like when you hear serial killers say they feel no regret, no remorse for all the people they killed. I was like that. Loved it." A feminine voice recited above my shoulder, emphasizing on the 'loved it' part.

It was her. I knew it was even though I've only heard her voice a few times.

I glanced back at her trying my best to act all casual about it and praying she couldn't hear the mortifying sound of my heart beats, which I was pretty sure resembled angry horses galloping.

Of all the words I've imagined I would stay when I could finally get to talk to her, of all the scenarios I've had in my head, I never thought I'd just stare. Yep, I stared at her.

See, that's the thing about planned scenarios. They're planned.

But you can't have everything planned in your life, it just doesn't work that way.

So that was my response, I just stared into her completely mesmerizing green eyes –Which have a hint of yellow by the way-  making her think I was an absolute creep. Which I am.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So if you've noticed, I update every two days. I'll keep up this pattern until like chapter 5 and then I'll set a schedule. However, I would really appreciate it if you guys vote more and please please don't be silent readers, tell me what you think, praise and critics.
Love you all❤️