(2) the pampered prince

Warning: this story is rated M for mature as it will have strong language, violence, and yaoi (boy on boy) sexual content. I claim no rights or don't claim any of the characters used or featured in the D Gray-Man series as they are owned by Katsura Hoshino.  This story is completely my own idea.

Special keys: "regular human speech", 'thinking', *telepathy/mental speech*, {aquadic telepathic commands}, (author notes), bold - Noah talking, italic - mermaid speech

two - the pampered prince

It was early in the morning when Yuu Kanda was rudely awakened by his staff as they opened the curtains to allow light into the room.  Kanda moaned as he pulled the blankets up higher.

"Prince Kanda, you have to get up.  Your father the king has requested your presence." replied a maid as she ripped off the covers from Kanda.  Kanda growled sharply sitting up right in his bed.  His long dark indigo blue hair which fell down to his waist in length was a mess as his smokey black eyes looked blood shot.

"What does my father want this early in the morning?" Kanda asked rudely.

"He didn't say.  I shall draw you a bath." replied the maid as she left the room.    Kanda let out a long yawn as he stretched out his long, tall, and slender some what tarnish Caucasian body.

'I hope that whatever the reason he has for waking me up this morning is a good one.' Kanda thought to himself as he got up from out of his bed.  Kanda grabbed out a set of clothes and his sword Mugen that he always had with him ever since he could remember.  Once he had his things together, he went to the bathroom to take a long hot bath.  Yuu Kanda wasn't much of a people person as the only person he allowed to get close to him was his best friend and body guard Lavi Bookman.  Lately Kanda's father has been harassing Kanda to get married.  All of the potential princesses that had been brought to Kanda only wanted one thing, lots of money.  None of them loved Kanda or ever cared about him.  All Kanda wanted was for someone to love him and see him as a human being not some pampered prince.  Kanda entered the bath to find no one there as the tub was filled with warm water.  Kanda proceeded to close and lock the door before he got undressed and slipped into the warm water.  The water felt comforting as Kanda washed himself head to toe.  Once Kanda was completely washed up he got out of the water drying off before he got dressed into the clothing that he had grabbed as he strapped his sword across his right side.  Kanda then styled his hair into a ponytail.   Once he was done, Kanda unlocked the door to find Lavi standing by the door.  Lavi was about the same age as Kanda as he wore his short dark red hair spiked up with a bandana wrapped around his forehead.  Across his left eye was an eye patch as his only visible eye was his right Peridot green one.  Lavi was wearing the kingdom uniform designed for the guards (the black order exorcist updated outfits) as a war hammer was strapped across his back.  Lavi was about the only person whom treated Kanda as a human being and not some pampered prince.

".......Lavi........?" Kanda asked in question wondering why he was there.

"I was told to escort you to the thrown room.  I don't understand the reason behind all of this heightened security unless it is someone truly important." answered Lavi.

"Just as long as it isn't another marriage arrangement than I don't care what is going on." Kanda told Lavi.  Lavi knew that Kanda's mother died of illness as his father has been pestering him to marry.  Kanda didn't care for half of the princesses that were brought before him as they had money hungry eyes.  Both Kanda and Lavi approached the thrown room to find Kanda's father, King Alma Karma (I know that he isn't Kanda's father but for this story he is) sitting on the thrown.  King Karma looked old and frail as if he was coming close to his time.  This could have been one of the reasons to why he wanted Kanda to marry.

"Father, you summoned me?" asked Kanda bowing before his father.  Lavi also bowed before the king as he remained unmoved from his spot.

"Yes I did Kanda.  Because of the threat of war, I wish for you to marry the Princess Lenalee Lee from the Dayman province.  You will not turn her down like you have done so many others." stated Alma.  Kanda stood up quickly grinding his teeth together.

"Father there always been war threats.  I refuse to marry someone just because you feel threatened by their kingdom and province." Kanda replied sharply.  Alma looked at his son fiercely hating when his son talks back like this in front of everyone.  Kanda always defied him no matter what he said.

"Well I have arranged a meeting as she is waiting for you in the garden.  And the marriage will go through as planned." snapped Alma.  Kanda snarled underneath his breath as it seemed that his father was going to stand his ground on this.  Kanda turned sharply walking out of the thrown room as Lavi got up following him.

Kanda and Lavi ventured out to the garden to find a young female sitting on a bench awaiting for them.  Her navy blue hair was styled into a pair of pigtails as she stared at them through her violet purple eyes.  Kanda grumbled to himself before he approached the princess.

"Princess Lenalee Lee?" asked Kanda as the girl stood up bowing quickly as Kanda showed her the same respect.

"Prince Yuu Kanda.......it is a pleasure to meet you.  I take it that you heard about the arrangement?" asked Lenalee as Kanda nodded his head.

"What do you think about it?" asked Kanda.

"Its stupid all because of war.  I told my brother over and over again that I had fallen in love with someone else but he wouldn't hear of it." replied Lenalee.

'OK maybe this won't be so bad as she feels the same way I do about this.' Kanda thought to himself.  The two walked the grounds talking as Kanda had learned that Lenalee and Lavi were childhood sweethearts as the two loved each other but due to Lavi's status, he could never truly marry Lenalee.  Kanda was happy that his friend and body guard had someone special like Lenalee.  Kanda often wished that he could find someone special like that.  "Lenalee try talking to your bother again as I will speak to my father.  Try to make him understand your feelings.  A marriage arrangement due to the threat of war is no reason for us to get married.  There has to be another way to end this conflict besides marriage." stated Kanda as Lenalee nodded her head.  Before she left the garden she quickly kissed Lavi on the cheek.

"Wish me luck!" she replied as Lavi blushed a bright shade of red causing Kanda to laugh.  Lavi glared at Kanda which only caused the prince to laugh even harder.  For some reason Kanda couldn't get his mind off of the sad sounding voice that he had heard last night coming from the ocean.  Even though he had heard no words, Kanda could feel and sense the wave of emotions as the voice sang.  Kanda wondered whom it was and why they were so sad?

NEXT CHAPTER.............threat of death

Kanda (sneaks up behind Allen covering his eyes): someone heard you last night moyashi!

Allen (jumps turning around hitting Kanda): don't do that Bakanda!

author: boys either you behave or you will force me to take drastic measures.

Kanda & Allen (pouting in unison): all right........

Lavi (cheers): I am in love with Lenalee.  That leaves you two to get together.  Hey scrletfyre, when is that going to happen?

author: if I told you that Lavi then it wouldn't be a surprise.

Kanda: why am I getting hooked up with the bean sprout?

author: its because you have feelings for him during the whole series but never could tell him.  Also because I am the one writing this story.

Allen: god give me strength at least it ain't Tykki!

author (grins wickedly): I didn't say that he wouldn't be in this story.

Allen: .......................

Kanda: review please!