F o r t y - O n e

I met up with Cancer after school and we sat in her sweet shop drinking milkshakes and munching on sweet breads and cupcakes.

I took my last bite out of my bread before moving on to a cupcake.
Cancer stared at me in amazement.

"I can eat a lot, okay?" I said embarrassed. She giggled.

"Not to worry. Me too. I'm glad I know someone else who can eat a bunch as well!" She stated happily. We giggled together before eating again.

"So I don't see why we need to meet here anymore. Of course I don't mind spending time with you. Plus this place is amazing! But Scorpio already noticed me. I mean we are friends after all." I said after I chewed and swallowed a bite of my cupcake.

"Well that was the first part. Now it's time for the second part. Getting him to like you. Although I think he already does." She said. I raised my eyebrow at her.

"Why do you think that?" I asked her while finishing my cupcake. She too did the same and finished her food.

"I don't know really. I guess it's the way you too act so much like a couple and hold hands. Plus have you seen the way he looks at you? It's pretty obvious sometimes. It's clear to me that the only one who doesn't realize this is apparently you." She said with a serious tone in her voice.

Was I really not seeing things the way they really were? Did Scorpio actually like me? Why was I so blind to all of this?

My head began spinning from all of these thoughts. I had to think of something else.

"So I hear there's going to be a party over at Sagg's house. Are you going?" I asked while clearly changing the subject. Cancer looked down sadly and shook her head in response.

"Awe why not?" I asked before sipping my milkshake.

"Well, every party I ever went to always ends up playing slow music. And I never have anyone to dance with. It's embarrassing really." She chuckled and blushed out of embarrassment. I furrowed my eyebrows together.

"No need to be embarrassed. It happens. I'm probably not going to have anyone to slow dance with either." I admitted to her. She looked up at me.

"Hush! You'll have Scorpio. I would love to be asked to dance by someone." She replied.

I took another sip from my milkshake and Cancer did the same.

"Well for starters, who would you like to ask you? And believe me, Scorpio isn't going to ask me to dance." I chuckled.

"You never know. He might. Honestly, I never told anyone and I apologize for never telling you. I guess I had been so wrapped up in helping you with your crush that I had completely forgotten about mine. It's Aqua." She said in a low voice. My eyes widened and I think I almost choked on my shake.

"Whoa you like Aqua?!" I yelled. Cancer jumped up and placed her hand over my mouth.

"Shh and yes! But you cannot tell anyone. They might try to hint it towards him. But I want to be the one who tells him. Not anyone else." She admitted. I smiled with her hand over my mouth. She let go and apologized.

"He actually might like you back." I smiled happily.

"How would you know?" she asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

"There's always hope and you never know. He might be shy." I replied. She nodded and crossed her arms.

"Yeah. You're right. So if we are going to that party- hey when is it by the way?" She asked. I thought for a moment.

"Next week on a Saturday." I spoke.

"Okay well on Saturday for the party, what should we wear?" She asked.

"Cute dresses of course! I could wear a beautiful aqua marine dress and you could wear a pretty lilac dress." I stated happily. I absolutely adored fashion even if someone might think I have no taste. It only mattered if I liked it. So who cares what others think? Their opinions didn't matter to me.

"I was thinking indigo but lilac sounds better." She smiled. I returned her smile and drank more of my milkshake.

"You're going to catch a tummy ache!" She frowned. I smiled and playfully rolled my eyes. Sometimes she was such a mom.

"I was thinking we can go dress shopping tomorrow. We already know what we want. We just have to hope that the stores have our dresses." She spoke. I nodded and downed my drink.

Cancer was right. My tummy rumbled and pain shot through me.

"Ouch. I should listen to you more often." I said through gritted teeth. Curse having a sweet tooth!

Cancer giggled. "Everyone should listen to me more often!"