ix

November 1st, 12:03am

Ashton's POV

As I watched my girlfriend take her last breath, my heart fell apart. The girl I loved more than life was dead. Tears spilled from my eyes but my blood boiled with hatred.

I turn around slowly with clenched fists and shakily stand up. The man stood there with a smug look.

"How dare you," I mumbled in a low voice. I stand up slowly and begin walking to the man.

"Ashton, stop!" I hear Michael call from behind me but I don't listen. This man has killed too many of my friends. He deserves to die himself.

"You sick bastard!" I yell at him, clenching my fists and picking up my speed.

He raises the gun and pulls the trigger. An object hits my chest, making me jerk back and fall on the floor.

"Ashton!" I hear a muffled voice call from behind me.

My hearing was shot. I couldn't hear anything right. It wasn't until Michael hovered over me that I realized it was him to called my name.

"Ash, you're... be okay... get out... call." All is all could make out.

My eyes begin to grow heavy. I try to keep them open. I open my mouth slowly but no words come out.

An overpowering feeling takes over me and my eyelids fall shut and I feel my heart stop beating.

Michaels POV

"Ashton, you're going to be okay! I'm going to get out of here and call 911!" I say, leaning his head onto my leg.

I watch him fight to keep his eyes open and so do I. Tears slowly begin to fall. One my closest friends was now dying. The only I had left. Gone.

I see Ashton close his eyes and this time, they don't open again.

"No, Ash! Please stay strong! You can't leave me!" I cry, shaking him. He makes no sign of movement.

I slowly put his head back on the ground and look at the end of the hallway where my other friends lie.

This cannot be happening. Every one of my best friends have gotten killed tonight all because of me. They're all dead because of me. Their families won't see them again because of me. If I didn't dare them to come, they would still be alive.

I don't know where to go. I take steps back, trying to get away from it all. My back hits the wall and I slide down. Tears continue to fall as I place my head in my knees and wrap my arms around my body.

Visions of Maddie lying dead on the floor come back into my mind, making me jerk back and forth. Next comes Calum.

Soon, all these images of my friends are racing through my mind, taunting me. It becomes to much. I cry out, trying to make it stop.

I hear someone call my name. It was a familiar voice but it was too distant for me to make out. Then I hear it again.

"Michael."

I shiver. Was it the man? Was he waiting for me to look up at him so he could kill me?

"Michael."

I hear again. It's louder this time. I don't know where it's coming from. It sounds like—

"Michael!"

I jerk my head up and see Maddie looking at me with her eyebrows raised. The glow of the fire in the middle of me, her and my other six friends illuminated her face.

"Huh?" I ask, very confused.

"Who are you daring?" She asks.

I look around and see Luke, Niara, Calum, Hayley, Ava and Ashton sitting on logs around the fire. People were drinking, eating and talking all around us. I was back at my party.

"Well?" Calum asks.

"Uh," I think about the sickhouse. There's no way I'm going in there now.

"I dare you to give Hayley a hickey." I tell Calum, just saying whatever came to mind first.

Calum smirked and turned to his girlfriend, placing his lips on her.

Everyone watched but I stared at the fire. This was definitely going to be my last Halloween party.

TA–DA! The End! Well not exactly. There's one more chapter left but it's kind of an epilogue.

If you don't understand what the frick you just read, basically when Michael was to come up with a dare in chapter 2/3 whenever it was, he just starting imagining what would happen from then on. So congrats, your sunshine isn't dead. :-)

LEAVE FEEDBACK! THANK YOU FOR READING! I LOVE YOU <3