iii

October 31st, 9:12pm

Ava, Hayley and Niara run into the old house after their friends, scared to death. They knew it was a bad idea to come here.

"What was that?" Ava asks once she finds her friends inside, the moonlight illuminating their faces.

Michael was laughing and Maddie was holding her hand to her chest.

"Michael scared the crap out of me!" Maddie says.

"I love you," Michael says, dragging out the 'you'. Maddie just flips him off.

"Can we go? This place is too creepy." Hayley asks, grabbing ahold of Calum's arm.

"We just got here!" Michael says.

"Yeah, let's look around," Ashton suggests.

Suddenly, the door slams shut, leaving them all in darkness. Niara grabs onto the handle, pushing and pulling, but it doesn't move.

"It's locked." She states.

"Michael, is this another joke?" Luke asks.

"No, I swear." He replied, sounding worried.

Ava hears a small whimper coming from somewhere in the room.

"What's that sound?" She asks.

Ashton takes out his phone and turns on the flashlight. Hayley follows him. They both shine the lights all over the room. There was a set of large doors on their right side, a large staircase to the left and a hallway in front of them. Ashton shines the light in a particular spot and gasps.

On the other side of the room, there was a man holding a knife to Maddie's throat.

"Oh my god," Hayley whispers.

Everyone was shaking, scared out of their minds as they watched tears form in Maddie's eyes.

"Let her go." Michael says through clenched teeth, in a low demanding voice.

"Sure," the man says. In one swift movement, he slices Maddie's throat open and she falls on the floor.

"No!" Michael yells, running and falling on the floor beside her.

Hayley screams and buries her face into Calum's chest. Ava and Ashton join him. Niara holds onto Luke, speechless with tears rolling down her cheeks.

"No, Maddie, please. Stay strong. Maddie, no." Michael cries.

Ashton dials 911 but the call doesn't go through. "There's no signal in here."

Maddie stares into her boyfriends eyes as the light leaves hers. Michael puts his ear to her chest, hoping to hear some kind of beat, but nothing came.

"No! Maddie!" He yells, grasping onto her blood stained shirt.

"Mike," Ashton says, trying to pull him away from the scene.

"No!" Michael continues to yell.

"Michael, she's gone!" Ashton says, finally getting him to let go. His friend buries his head into his shoulder as everyone else stands around, not knowing how to comprehend what just happened.

"It's my fault," Michael cries.

"No it's not." Ava says, walking over to him and rubbing his back.

"It's that mans fault, mate. Nothing is your fault." Ashton tells him.

"The man," Michael gasps, his head shooting up and looking at where the man was previously standing.

He wasn't there.

Everyone looks around, trying to find him. Right then, a loud, high pitched voice laughs.

"Wanna play?"

I KILLED MADDIE OOPS.

Did you guys like this? Rate it if you did. It would mean a lot :-)

This story won't be that long but I hope it's still good

Ily 💗