viii

October 31st, 11:23pm

Niara's POV

"No!" Hayley sobs into Calum's neck, her arms wrapped around him.

I can feel the tears rolling down my cheeks. This house was torture. Calum, Luke or Maddie never deserved to die. But the man killing them did.

I drop down to the floor and comfort Hayley. I wait until she calms down before helping her up to her feet. She was shaking, permanently scarred from what she just witnessed. We all are scarred.

"What now?" Ava asks, crossing her arms uncomfortably.

"Calum was saying he saw a window somewhere," Ashton says, looking around. "If we can get to it without being seen or heard, we'll be safe."

"Do we split up and go look for it?" Michael asks.

"No. We're all staying together." Ashton tells him.

We continue walking, checking the attached hallways to see if there's a window anywhere.

As we pass one, I didn't see a window but there was moonlight shining on the floor. It looked like at the end, the wall had an indention in it where a window had been put in.

"Guys," I whisper, making them all stop and turn around to look at me.

I point down the hallway at the light. Ashton walks swiftly over to it. He looks at it on the ground then in the direction it's coming from. His face lights up with light and he smiles.

"This way!" He tells us, making us all run over to him.

Sure enough, there was a large bay window almost taking up the while wall. Outside, you could see the trees and the bright moon.

"Hallelujah!" Michael sighs.

"Not so fast." I hear a voice behind us.

We all whip our heads around and see the man standing there with another knife.

It all happened so fast. The man reared his arm back, looking right at me. He launches the knife in my direction. I don't have time to move. It was coming too fast. It was almost here. This is it.

All at once, I see a head pop out in front of me. It was Ava. I jump back, surprised at her throwing herself in front of me. I didn't realize what she was doing until Ashton yelled at her.

But it was too late.

She had sacrificed herself for me. The knife had plunged into her chest. Right into her heart.

Her body falls to floor, blood splattering everywhere. Her eyes were wide open and her face was already doing pale.

"Ava!" I scream, falling to my knees beside her.

This shouldn't have happened. She can't die. It should have been me. Why did she have to do this?

"No, Ava, baby! Please!" Ashton cries.

I look up at the man again. This time, he didn't walk away. He had an outraged expression on his face as he takes a pistol out of his black leather jacket.

Looking me dead in the eye, he raises the pistol. I hear a loud echo ring throughout the house and next thing I know, I'm on the ground.

Excruciating pain shoots throughout my body. My vision automatically goes blurry. Before I could tell what was happening, my eyes close. My heart stops and I let out a puff of breath.

Another short chapter :-/

bUT I CAME UP WITH A REALLY GOOD ENDING (I hope) AND I THINK YOU GUYS ARE GONNA LOVE IT 😏 hehe

Don't forget to vote :-))

Thankss ily 💗