v

October 31st, 9:57pm

Ava's POV

Ashton guides Michael and I down the long hallway. We didn't know where we were going and which ways to turn, but the man was almost done counting and we didn't want to be anywhere near him when he finished.

"Check the doors." Ashton whispers to us once we get to a random hallway.

We all start turning the knobs of the doors, trying to find one to go in but they were all locked.

Suddenly, I get to one and it opens right up. I gasp when I see what's inside.

"Ava!" Hayley says, wrapping her arms around me.

"Where's Luke and Niara?" I ask, walking into the room. Ashton and Michael come in too and shut the door, this time locking it.

"I don't know," Calum answers. "They were following us but the must have went down a different hallway."

I turn around to face Ashton. "What if.."

"No. Don't think like that. I'm sure they found a room just like us and are perfectly safe." He reassures me.

I nod. "Okay."

"So what do we do now?" Michael asks.

"Try to find a way out," Ashton says walking farther into the room. "Turn your flashlights on."

We all get out our phones and do as he says. We run them around the whole room, taking in our surroundings.

There was a worn out cabinet on the other side of the room. The ceiling tiles were rotting and falling apart. The hardwood floor was scratched up with dirt and trash scattered about. Most of the trash was little things but something in particular caught my eye.

It was a rolled up piece of paper. It was bigger than everything else, so I curiously walked over and picked it up.

I unraveled it and put it in the light. It was bottom half of a torn piece receipt. When I realize it was a receipt, I automatically think back to what I found on the bar at the diner.

"Guys," I say.

"Hm?" Ashton asks, turning to face me as does everyone else.

"I think I know who the man is," I hesitantly say. "And look what he bought."

I thrust the receipt out to Ashton. He walks over and takes it from me, reading it out loud.

"8 look-a-like dolls and 8 mini coffins," He says, looking creeped out.

"One for each of us."

Luke's POV

"Found you." I hear behind me, making me jump.

Niara squeals, jumping behind me and grabbing onto my arm. We turn around and see the man who killed Maddie standing right in front of us.

"Not too good hiding I see," The man smirks.

I take in a shaky deep breath. I knew what was going to happen. This man was going to kill, but it wasn't going to be Niara.

"Kill me."

"Luke!" She tugs on my arm.

"I'm not letting him hurt you, Niara." I tell her firmly.

"No promises." The man smiles.

All at once, I feel something sharp cut through my stomach and I fall onto the floor.

"Luke!"

The pain was sickening. I wanted to stay strong, but I knew I couldn't for long.

I look up and see Niara's face hovering over mine. Tears were streaming down her face.

"I love you," I breath out.

"I love you too, Luke." She whispers, laying her head on my chest.

My breaths became shorter and more rigid. Everything around me starts to grow dim and I become lightheaded. I take one last breath and let it out in a puff.

Then everything goes black.

im :) not :) crying :)

tHIS WAS SO HARD TO WRITE OMG 😭 I hate killing the characters but it's gotta be done :(

Who do you think should be left in the end? btw the end isn't very far. this book won't be nearly as long as TSCI.

Thanks guys! Ily 💗