Chapter 11

Hi guys.

I promise there will be no more mean cliffhangers. Promise :D

Percy's POV

I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that Nico was the spy. I didn't see his reason in how becoming a spy for Luke would be protecting me.

Beside me, Annabeth squeezed my hand. "Are you okay, Percy?"

I nodded. "I'm fine."

She raised an eyebrow. "Really? It's okay to feel sad. He's your cousin."

She was right. I was sad, but more disappointed. He was young, but I'd always believed that he was smart enough to know to stay from the government, especially Luke.

I kissed Annabeth softly. "I know, I'm fine. We're almost in Ogygia, and then Luke can never bother us again."

She looked up at me for a moment, then kissed me back.

"Eesh," Grover said, approaching us. "Get a room!"

I punched hime in the arm, not hard enough to seriously hurt him. He was used to it by now anyway.

His joking mood gone, he seemed to be summoning the courage to say something. "Uh, Perce, you never told us why you hate Luke. Even after all these years and revenge schemes we never actually knew what they were for."

I sighed. It was going to happen eventually. Annabeth nodded encouragingly. "Luke killed Mom and Atalanta."

Grover's expression turned to one of the shock, then complete hatred.

I shook my head and started to walk away. They could never understand that this was one the reasons why I never told them. They'd pity me, or get angry and try to kill Luke for me, or they'd feel sorry for me and apologise even though they had nothing to do with it.

"Grover, no." I said, knowing what he was about to say. With a frustrated sigh, I walked to the bow of the ship.

Ogygia was rapidly approaching, and I couldn't have been happier. Annabeth would finally be safe from Luke. Nico would be safe from Luke. Deep down, I knew Nico hadn't done it of his own will. Something horrible had driven him to do it. Blackmail? Bribery?

It was a few minutes later that someone joined me, and it was Annabeth, unsurprisingly. She stood next to me and rested her head on my shoulder.

"Percy, I have something to tell you." She whispered.

I frowned and looked at her. "What is it."

Annabeth seemed on the brink of tears when she answered. "I-I think... you're going to die, Percy. All the dreams, and what she said to me in that closet..." She trailed off.

Who? Who was in that closet? And I was going to die?

I pulled her into an embrace. "I'm not dying Annabeth. I promise, I'm not going anywhere."

Annabeth's POV

(TIME LAPSE)

Ogygia was more beautiful than I could ever imagine. It was the perfect island paradise, completely untouched by man, except for the magnificent blooming garden.

Where the soft white sand ended, lush green forest began. Wild flowers grew and fruits thrived in the trees.

About a kilometre into the forest, it opened up into a large clearing, about half the size of my family's estate. Paving was laid down on the floor, making paths to the pretty garden beds full of all different types of plants. A large cave tunnelled into the ground, the entrance covered with a woven silk draw-curtain.