Chapter 6

Percy's POV

''He WHAT!" I shouted, jumping to my feet.

Katie looked like she was about to run away. ''He knows you're here, Percy. You have to go.''

I turned on Thalia. ''You led him here!'' I accused.

''Percy, I swear I-''

''I thought I could trust you!''

''You can, I didn't bring him here. A Hunter never goes against her word.''

''But pirates do! I know you're secret!''

She looked hurt, but I wasn't about to apologize.

Jason laid a hand on my shoulder. ''Now isn't the time, we have to go or we'll be caught.'' Trust Jason to make us see sense at moments like these. I sent Thalia one last glare, and followed Katie. She was standing next to a wall. There was a symbol en-craved into the wood, and Katie pressed it, making a panel slide out of the wall. ''Quick, this will lead you back into the streets. You have to leave now!'' She waved us into the tunnel. Thalia went first, then Jason and I. As the panel slid back into place, I heard a door burst open and the heavy footsteps signalling that multiple people had entered the attic.

''Where is he, Miss Gardener?'' A voice demanded, and a chill ran down my spine. Luke.

''I'm sorry sir, but I don't know who you're talking about. I just came up here to restock the bar downstairs.'' Katie was a good liar.

''I don't believe you,'' There was a loud bump, like someone had just thrown one of the wooden food crates onto the floor. ''Do you mind if we search the place, Miss Gardener?''

''Go ahead. I have nothing to hide.''

Someone tugged on my sleeve, making me jump. ''Come on, we have to go.'' It was just Jason. I followed him down the tunnel, feeling incredibly guilty that I'd left Katie with Luke.

We ran down the tunnel as fast we could without being too loud. It didn't take us long to find the end of the tunnel, and we ran out onto the street, bolting back to the hide-out, Jason in the lead.

Back at the hide-out, the pirates were engaged in heated conversations. ''Everybody, we have to leave! Now!''

We sneaked through the streets, going in groups at a time. "Percy, where are we going?'' Annabeth asked from behind me, while I stood waiting for people to stop crossing the road.

''We have to go back to the ship,'' I replied. Just at that moment, I saw a group walk around the corner, heading the same way we were going, to the dock. I sucked in a breath,creeping further around the corner.

''What?'' Annabeth hissed, but she stopped talking when Luke Castellan appeared in, followed by a group of men. And walking between them, hands tied behind her back, was Katie Gardener. As if she felt my gaze, she looked towards me and caught my eye. Go, she mouthed as discretely as possible. I nodded.Thanks Katie.

When they'd disappeared from sight, I hurried across the street, followed by the rest of my crew.

''Percy! Why is Luke here?'' Grover asked.

"Someone told him we were here. We have to get to the ship before he does."

When we arrived, Jason and Reyna's crew had already boarded their ship the Argo A/N: yeah, yeah, that's Leo's ship, I know. And the Hunters were with them. Beckendorf ran over to me as they lowered the gang-plank.

''How the ship?''

''It can sail, but we'll have to make sure it doesn't leak.'' My third-in-command replied.