Chapter 9

Luke's POV

"They're heading for Ogygia, sir." My informant said.

I stared through the Iris message A/N: There wasn't anything else I could use, so meh. at the mystery person concealed in the shadows. I didn't know the person's identity, because we'd agreed that if I got captured, it was best if I didn't know who the spy was. I'd promised him complete safety for his information.

"Ogygia? You mean Calypso's island?"

The spy nodded.

"Uh, Ogygia doesn't exist. It's just a fairytale."

"No, it is real. Percy Jackson has found it before, and I was there. It is real." He insisted.

I frowned, tapping my fingers against the desk. Ogygia. No way had Percy found it. "How do I get there?" I demanded.

"I'm sorry sir. I don't know. Only the goddess inhabiting the island can let you in. I've heard she only lets the good of heart enter."

I almost burst into laughter, resisting the almost uncontrollable urge to say Then why the hell did she let Perseus Jackson in, he's a pirate for God's sake! "Find a way to get me on that island."

My informant nodded, and swept his hand through the mist, severing the connection.

Percy's POV

I raised my sword to block Annabeth's strike. The gleaming bronze metal rang as it clashed with her dagger.

Annabeth had gotten much better at handing the knife. She'd always been good for a beginner, but she was improving fast, becoming more swift and crafty in her strikes. She was discovering the weakest spots in a man's armour, getting in under the strongest strikes. She was good, but she still couldn't beat me.

"Come on, Annabeth! IS that all you've you got?" I taunted.

Her grey eyes flashed murderously and she swung at my feet. I stepped back, stabbing at her chest. Annabeth yelped in surprise, and moved to block me. Just as she moved to get out of the way, I lifted the blade higher, and Riptide's tip settled at her neck.

Annabeth froze, panting hard. With an frustrated sigh, she stepped away, knowing that she was beaten. Again. "It's not very fair, Percy, me versus you." She complained.

I laughed. "Aw. It wouldn't be training if I was your match, it would only be practise."

"What's the difference."

"You know the difference. You're far from stupid." I slid Riptide back into its sheath.

My thoughts drifted, taking me from reality.

"You know I would do anything to protect you." I said.

The beautiful blonde in my arms smiled, and her happiness seemed to light up the room like a thousands star. No, more beautiful than the stars. "I would do anything to be with you."

"Would that include dying, Miss Chase?" A voice sneered.

Suddenly, pain burst through my body, making my suck in a breath. I started at my chest, crumpling at the sight of the sword sticking out from my skin. I'd been stabbed from behind, run all the way through.

Annabeth screamed in sheer terror and sadness. She took me in her arms as I fell to the floor, sobbing and stroking my black.

"Percy, percy please no. Don't you dare die on me, don't you dare die." She whispered. Then she looked up to glare at Luke.

There was a satisfied expression on his face. After taking one last look at my dying body, he turned and left.

Only then did Annabeth burst into tears. She pulled my close to her, holding my head against her collarbone and burying her face in my hair. Her tears splashed onto my shoulder, soaking through my shirt.