Chapter 3

Sup guys. I'm in the process of writing the next chapters for my other story, so I will be updating soon, I promise!

Percy's POV

Beckendorf arched an eyebrow at me. "Are you sure we'll find it again?"

"Of course we will," I grinned.

Knowing better than to argue, Beckendorf went to order everyone to set course for Ogygia.

Ogygia was occupied by only one person, a beautiful woman called Calypso. Ogygia can only be found if Calypso wants you to find it. She'd never let Luke on her island. I was just hoping she'd let me.

Having nothing to do, I went down to see Annabeth again. I walked onto the deck and pulled open the hatch. When I'd climbed down the ladder, I saw Annabeth standing with her hands on the bars, staring at me.

"Good morning, Miss Chase. Sleep well?"

She frowned. "Not really, no."

I smiled and leaned against the cell door.

"What do you want now?"

"I just want to talk," I opened the door and held it open for her. "Come with me."

She looked stunned that I was letting her out, but she recovered from her shock almost immediately and walked past me.

Keeping one hand on her arm, I led up to the bow of the ship, where you had a view of the open sea ahead of you. When Annabeth saw it, she let out a breath. "Wow."

I smiled, and pulled her to the railing. On the brow of my ship was the sculpture of a woman, the namesake of the ship, and it looked like she was leading the ship forward. From above, you could see the intricate beauty of the carving.

"She's beautiful." Annabeth mused, staring down at Princess Andromeda.

"I know. People used to say that Princess Andromeda was rescued from a sea monster by a hero called Perseus."

I knew Annabeth would make the connection. "Percy," She turned to me in wonder. "Your real name is Perseus?"

I nodded.

"So you named the ship Princess Andromeda,after the myth."

I nodded again.

For a while, Annabeth didn't speak and neither did I. "Why did you show me this?"

I pulled my gaze away from the horizon and looked at her. "Because, there is always more to something than what meets the eye."

"What do you mean?" She frowned.

I grinned. "You know what I mean. You're a daughter of Athena."

I knew that wouldn't satisfy her curiosity.

"I want to make you an offer, Annabeth." I said.

"I can't become a pirate." Annabeth protested.

"You can. You're more than a pretty picture, I can tell."

"You don't know anything about me." She said defiantly, but I could hear the doubt in her voice.

I started taking her back to the cell. Before I closed the door on her, I said, "Just think about it. You could join my crew, or you could stay in here."

Then I left.

Thalia's POV

I led my Hunters to the dock.

After lots of questioning, we found out that Luke was right. The Princess Andromeda had been here.

"What do we do know, Thalia?" One of the Hunters, Phoebe, asked.

I looked out at the sea. Knowing Percy, he'd be long gone by now. "There's nothing we can do yet, Jackson's gone."

"Do we go tell Luke?"

"No, we wait for the signal."

Annabeth's POV

There is always more to something than what meets the eye. I ran over Percy's words again and again. It was a simple saying, but more then true for him.

Percy made me nervous, because he could read me like an open book. He had stolen my thoughts and spoken them aloud. Unlike Luke, he saw the part of me that was smart and witty, the part that wanted to be an architect or a strategist. Most men only saw me as a trophy, but he was different.

But did I want to become a pirate? It would go against everything my parents had taught me.

But your parents gave you away. A part of me said, the part that I did my best to block out. The illogical part of me that spoke me greatest desires.

Percy was an intriguing character. He seemed too nice to be a pirate. Too smart and compassionate.

Maybe that what he meant. Maybe he wasn't talking about me, but about him. What if there was some deep part of him that vicious and cruel, like there was a part of me that was intelligent.

Damn it, I thought. How come I'm so interested in him. He kidnapped me.

But he helped you escape. He's giving you a chance to be yourself, to be free of the rules and of your marriage to a man who never loved you.There was that voice again.

And what scared me was that it was right, I wanted to join Percy, to sail the seas with him on the Princess Andromeda, the princess saved from a monster by the hero.

Well, what do you think? Will Annabeth join Percy Jackson and the crew of the Princess Andromeda?

P.S. I'm really sorry that this and the previous chapter were smaller than the first one.  I'll try to make 'em longer.