Chapter 5

Percy's POV

Hang on, Annabeth said yes? It took me a minute to get over my shock. ''You are?''

She nodded. ''That's what you asked.'' She stared at me expectantly for a moment. ''So... when are you going to start training me?''

''Uh, when we reach land.''

''Ok then. So, where do I sleep now? With the guys?''

Oh, hadn't thought of that. Oh shit. ''We'll have to figure something out."

Annabeth rolled her eyes and left my cabin.

Five minutes after she'd gone, it'd only just registered to me that Annabeth had chosen me over Luke. Me, a pirate, and she'd decided to stay!

Getting over my shock, I went back out. It had been roughly an hour since I'd been out on deck, and we'd gotten extremely close to the island. I made my way to the wheel, where Grover was still steering for me.

''We have a new member of the crew, Grover. Have any extra room?'' I asked.

Grover shrugged. ''Dunno. Who is it?''

''Annabeth."

Grover started laughing hysterically, but he saw my questioning expression and realised that I wan't joking, he frowned. ''Seriously, Perce? You want a rich little girl to join the crew?''

I rolled my eyes. ''She's not a 'little girl', now do you have room or not?''

''I'll see what I can do,'' He sighed. ''How are you gonna teach her."

I leaned against the wheel. ''I'll figure something out. How much longer before we reach the island? Jason knows we're coming right?''

''Of course he knows. I had Beckendorf send a message to him and he replied than he and Reyna will meet us at the dock."

''And what about Luke?''

''The Hunters of Artemis are on your trail.''

I smiled. ''Good."

Annabeth's POV

I just agreed to be a pirate. What the hell is wrong with me? Maybe I hit my head harder than I thought. Or maybe you just wanted to be with Percy Jackson.

That stupid freaking voice. Shut up, me!

When I'd left Percy's cabin, and I was sure no one was looking, I face-palmed myself so hard that it left a temporary hand-print on my face, realising what a mistake I'd just made. I hadn't thought it through a bit! I was so completely focused on cheering Percy up that the irrational side had taken over.

Oh, you're an idiot Annabeth.

What would my parents think? What would my brothers think? What would my friends thinks? I'd just aligned myself with my fiancée's arch nemesis.

Walking around the deck and I went over to the guy who looked like he was in charge. ''Um, excuse me? Is there anything you need me to do?''

He looked down at me. ''You could help clean the ship,'' He said. ''Why?''

''I'm part of the crew now.'' I was relieved and incredibly surprised when he didn't laugh or sayHa ha ha! Yeah right, back to your cell, or... er, room?

He handed me and bucket of soapy water and a sponge, and I set to work. There was a strange golden substance covering spots of the deck. It took about five minutes of scrubbing to make it start to come off.

''What the hell is this stuff?'' I wondered, not realising I was talking aloud.

One of the men near me looked up, a guy with brown curly hair and a mischievous grin. ''It's blood.'' He said. ''Name's Connor," He extended a hand, and I hesitantly shook it. ''Annabeth.''