TLF Chapter 32.

Meadowlands Bank was a big two-story building about two blocks away with armed guards posted outside at all times.

Both guards nodded to Father Donovan as he passed and seemed to ignore Max, Fang, Aaron, Nudge and Angel.

There wasn't much of a line and when they got to the teller and Donovan explained that he was there to open a safety deposit box the woman went to get the manager.

After that things happened quickly.

The five of them were led into a private room while the manager went in back with Donovan to get the box.

For what seemed like an eternity they waited, and then the two men came back in the manager carrying a large box. He sat it on the table and said he would give them a few moments of privacy.

Donovan started to open the box but stopped himself and instead handed the key to Fang, "You boys should open it, it's not my place."

Fang looked at Aaron who shook his head and pointed to the box, "You open it, last box I bloody well opened nearly killed me."

Fang swallowed and looked sideways at Max then slid the key into the lock. He half expected the box to be empty but what he found inside was definitely not what he expected.

Inside was a photo album and a sealed manila envelope with a black wing drawn on the front of it.

Instead of going for the envelope, much as Max expected him to do, Fang pulled out the big photo album and opened it staring down, open mouthed at the hundreds of pictures inside.

The first ten pages were completely empty, but after those Max saw color and black and white photos covering every page. She wondered why the first ten pages were empty...

Aaron was the one to pick up the envelope and open it, "Oh, my god..." He whispered and emptied it onto the table.

A little note, two bundles of money, each holding five thousand dollars, as well as seven blank Social Security cards and a book entitled '3,000 Names and Their Meanings' fell to the tabletop.

Fang gave his head a shake and stared at it. "Is that what I think it is?"

Aaron picked up the note and read it aloud, "'Seven new lives for those who want them ... Call Maria to make it final' ... And there's a phone number."

"Okay, Fang? Your dad ROCKED!" Nudge picked up the book of names and grinned.

.-''-. .-''-. .-''-. .-''-. .-''-. .-''-. .-''-. .-''-..-''-. .-''-. .-''-. .-''-.

They took everything out of the box and placed inside it Aaron's old identity. Finally laying Aaron Bond to rest ... Which was saying something because the REAL Aaron Bond had been dead for nearly three years...

The phone number turned out to be a Virginia phone number, which complicated things seeing as how they were in New York and the number was from Norfolk.

"We'll swing past on our way home," Max said, though no one heard her. They were too engrossed in the photo album and the book of names.

Nudge was grinning, "Okay, so ... We each get a Social-Security card ... But they're blank, so my guess is that we get to pick our own names."

"Well, the book was a clue," Iggy said trying to snatch it from Nudge, who'd been the only one to read it as of yet.

Surprisingly she let him have it then rushed to the front of the little classroom off the main chamber of the cathedral. She found a slip of paper and scribbled on it a moment. "Okay, I think I've got my name ... What do you guys think?" She cleared her throat, "Tiffany-Krystal Amber Montgomery-Ward, born April 13, 1995 New York, New York."