Chapter 19

Ezra's POV

As soon as I opened my eyes, I knew something was wrong.  I was in a dreary room, with no decoration whatsoever.  I groaned as I realized I was in an Imperial holding cell.  Memories hit me quick.

The warehouse.

The troopers.

The troopers actually not missing a shot.

Me, hitting the ground.

If I was going to get out of here, the Seventh Sister better work quick.  No doubt the red blade was behind this, and I did not want to meet him like this.

《~》

The Seventh's Sister's POV

The warped view of hyperspace loomed in front of me as I looked out the window of Phantom.  As I looked, I heard the hatch that connected the Ghost  and the Phantom open.  Without looking back, I could feel that it was Kanan.

"Yes?" I asked, still not looking back.

"This thing about the red blade still confuses me," Kanan said.

"Join the club," I remarked.

"Why did Ezra and you go to Mirial?" Kanan questioned.

I sighed before answering. "Our journey had first led us to Coruscant.  There, we decided to look through the Empire's records at the old Jedi Temple.  While we were there, Ezra was to go steal the records and I stayed by the inquisitors' quarters to make sure they would not bother Ezra.  But, while I was there, I overheard two inquisitors, the Eighth Sister and Ninth Brother, planning to get rid of competition to become the next Grand Inquisitor.  But, before I could hear too much, Ezra called me to the library, where he was getting the records.  He had me break into the computers, and I told him about the inquisitors, about how there was no new Grand Inquisitor.  After we had gotten the information from the library, we went back to listen more to the inquisitors.  But, as we listened, they sensed us.  We had to get out of there fast.  Once we were back in space, we looked at the information we had gathered, only to find out that there was no information and the droid we had downloaded it on had been implanted with a tracker.  Someone knew we were coming.

"Then, we decided to go to Ilum.  But, when we got there, the whole place was on high security.  The red blade knew we were coming.  We then decided to go to the Jedi Temple on the planet.  We didn't go into the temple, but slept outside in the Phantom. As we slept, we both had dreams that showed the same message; we must find out about my past," I said.

"So, you two ended up going to Mirial?" Kanan said, putting it together.

"Yes.  We tried to get the records for the planet, but, of course, the red blade knew we were there," I explained.

"Why are you doing all this?" Kanan asked.

"Doing what?" I replied.

"You were an inquisitor.  Why would you work with Ezra, a rebel?"

"It is not like we chose to work together.  The Force wanted us to, and the Force got us into this mess.  Whatever the Force wants, it must be pretty important to have the light and the dark work together to find this red blade."

"Do you have any suspicions as to who could be this red blade?"

"I doubt it would be any of the inquisitors, or even Darth Vader.  I suspect it is someone within the Empire, but has there own intentions.  That, or it could be an anonymous source who wants to mess with us.  Whoever it is, Ezra and I know that the three of us are connected through dreams the Force is showing us, we just do not know why."