Chapter 3

The Seventh Sister's POV

I had spent an entire month looking for Ezra. I had kept having the same dream over and over again. I knew he held some of the answers I needed. It took some work to find him, though. The only way I could get any information was in some very uncomfortable talks with some very reluctant people.

When I found out he was planning on stealing some supplies from an Imperial base, I rushed to the base. When I got there, of course they were in trouble.

As I ran in, I heard Ezra yell to look out. As I watched, a stormtrooper raised his blaster to shoot the ex-Jedi Kanan, leader of the Ghost crew. He hadn't seen the trooper yet.

At first, I didn't start rushing to save him, but I didn't think it would be a good thing to talk to Ezra after his master died.

I ignited my saber and rushed to Kanan. Just as it was about to hit him, I blocked the bolt from hitting his face.

I heard a gasp and looked to see Ezra. "What are you doing here?" Ezra asked.

"Not happy to see me?" I smirked.

"Bucket heads!" Sabine, the Mandalorian, yelled.

"Just get everyone aboard!" Kanan said.

The four of us ran to Ezra at the ramp of the ship. "We're in!" Kanan said.

The ship started to lift and the ramp started to close. "Take the guns!" Hera said through the internal com.

Zeb, the Lasat, followed by Sabine and Kanan, started climbing up the ladder. Before Kanan went up, he paused. "Watch her," he said to Ezra pointing to me.

As Kanan disappeared up the ladder, Ezra led me to the nose gun, located right under the cockpit.

As he shot TIEs following the ship through the Naboo atmosphere, Ezra flipped a switch to his right.

"What was that?" I asked.

"I turned off the microphone for the internal com in here. We can only hear the others," he said, never losing his focus. "So, why are you here? I know you are just not here to catch up or see how I was doing."

"I have a problem," I said.

"Everyone seems to have problems these days. And this problem is worse than our last one?" Ezra asked, meaning the loyalty scandal from over a year ago.

"I don't know. That is why I came," I sighed.

"You came on this ship, left behind your isolated life, so you could ask me a question?"

"Just be grateful I didn't come to kill you."

"Yeah, but we have a bigger problem right now."

"And that is?"

"The crew told me they still don't know your name, and they still do not know that we worked together. How are we going to explain this?"

"Simple. Just don't say we know each other. You seem to be over thinking, Ezra."

"Seventh Sister, you are probably the craziest inquisitor I have ever met."

"Entering hyperspace!" Hera yelled over the internal com.

As Ezra and I were talking, we hadn't noticed that the ship jad entered space. As Naboo disappeared from sight, Ezra and I climbed the ladder to the cockpit. The rest of the crew was waiting for us.

"Well, look who's here," Kanan said.

"Not like I wanted to be," I snapped.

"So why are you here?" Hera asked. "Don't you still work for the Empire?"

"You still think that Imperial attack on Lothal when you dropped me off was my fault? Purely an accident," I lied smoothly.

"So you really broke off from the Empire?" Zeb asked.

"They tried to kill me," I snapped. "Of course I left them. I am not crazy."

"Crazy or not, why were you at the base? We don't know your intentions. We don't even know your name," Kanan said.

"The Seventh Sister, if you are so curious."

"The Seventh Sister? Seriously?" Sabine asked.

"Do you have a problem?" I snapped.

"No problem. Just wondering how the Empire finds you people," she said.

"It is a name for ranks," I sighed.

"Ranks for what?"

"Inquisitors. What else? Now, I need dropped off at the next planet. I did not mean to rescue you, and I definitely do not want to stay with you," I said.