Chapter 22: Broken Barrier

Start from the beginning

I heard a chuckle from the man standing in front of me. This is so embarrassing.

"So i'm guessing you haven't had your dinner yet?" He said stifling his laugh.

"Obviously."

"Me too. Let's have dinner and i'l try to answer your question." He said as he ushered me inside his car.

-------
JIYONG'S POV

We arrived at one of my favorite restaurant here in Seoul. As we stepped inside, a receptionist immediately let us in when he recognized me. He offered the table beside an overlooking spot where we could see the view of the  city.

"Wow, this spot is so nice!" She clapped her hands gently as i let her sit on the the chair across mine.

"This is one of my favorite restaurant. Their steak here is awesome" I told her and sat on my chair.

"Wine sir?" The waiter asked as i nodded in response. He then poured me a glass and went beside Dara to do the same.

"Oh no!" She shook her head and her hands showing she doesn't want one. "I'll just have water please." She said and smiled at him. I looked at the waiter and he smiled back making me want to knock him down.

"Ehem." I cleared my throat to interrupt their smiling session. When the waiter heard me, he abruptly bowed and scampered away like he was being chased by a hyena. Huh! He better know his place.

Then, a little later another waiter came with two menus and hand it over to us.

"I'l have my usual." I told him without reading the menu. I glanced at Dara and i can barely see her because of the menu covering her face. I don't know how long had she been looking at it until i finally asked her, "Hey, what's your order?"

She peered on top of the menu to look at me and covered her face again. "Uhhmm..."

"Choose whatever you want, its on me." I cut her off until i heard a gasp. She looked at the waiter then at me then at the menu repeatedly. "Just make that two." I told the waiter as I was already loosing my patience.

"Hey Jiyong, isn't it too expensive here?" Dara whispered as soon as the waiter left to get our orders.

"Its ok, what's important is you get what you paid for." I answered her.

"But you can also do that without paying much." She said looking around the whole place. "Its my first time eating in this kind of restaurant. It will ruin my budget once i did." She added.

"Why? Aren't they paying you right?" I propped my elbow on the table to lean forward.

"They are, but with my expenses, i can't afford to eat in expensive restaurants like this." She answered looking back at me.

"Is that the reason why you don't have a car?" I asked her. I've been meaning to ask her that ever since.

"Yeah. Instead of buying one, i'l just give it to my family. They need it more than i do specially now that my brother is still studying." I was taken aback with what she said. Come to think of it, others are spending their money on nonsense stuff just to satisfy themselves while her, she would rather give it to her family to support them. "Hey, are you ok?" I heard her voice cutting my thoughts.

"Yes." Is the only word i could think of.

Our food finally arrived and i was amazed on her reaction the moment she saw the food. She's like a kid given a piece of lollipop after a doctor's appointment.

"Oh. My. Gosh. Jiyong, this food looks amazing!!" She said. "And oh my, its smells delicious too." She added as she leaned closer to smell it better.

"Wait till you taste it." I chuckled as i saw her grab her fork and knife to have a taste of the food.

"OH. MY. GOD! This is AWESOME!!" I laughed at her as she animatedly chew the food while nodding her head continuously looking like a bunny. So cute.

"Hey! Stop laughing and eat your food before it gets cold!!" She points her fork at me.

"Ok ok! Weird girl..." I told her as we ate our dinner forgetting the reason why were here.

---------
(3RD PERSON'S POV)

Little did they know, someone was watching them from afar. "Enjoy your days while you still can for it will soon be over. Once i get a hold of you, you'll never get away even if you have a dragon to protect you."