St. Chocolate

Today was the day when everything was going to be chaotic. My plan was to sleep through the day and just skip this whole mess of plot. It almost worked too if it wasn't for the fact that today was Valentines day. I mean St. Chocolate day or something. Perfectly curled in my bed, I already told my roommate Mia that I was feeling sick. I didn't think that she would rat me out to the one person that would ruin my plan. Against school policy, boys are to never enter the girls dorm at anytime. Of course that never stopped me from entering the boys dorm and it sure as hell didn't stop Zero into barging into my room after second period.

"You're not sick" He said as he snatched the blanket from my clutches. I guess, I asked for too many days off from work. He went to my closet throwing my uniform on to my bed.

"How do you know I'm not sick?" I questioned completely fed up with today and the next weeks to come. He didn't answer and I felt stupid that I even asked. Ichiru was sick practically all the time so to figure out that I was faking it was just as simple to find out I was lying. "Forget it. I'm going" I pointed out the door for him to get out so I could change.

"I'll be waiting outside." He said his voice a little bit sadder than usual. It's so hard to believe that these characters are from an authors imagination. Each day I have to remind myself that they aren't real. This place is just a fiction. But I find myself caught into their lives, worrying about their feelings and safety when I should be trying to find my way home.

"Are you finished yet" Zero called impatiently from the other side of the door. I couldn't help but glare at the door thinking he could feel how pissed I am at him for dragging me into another scene that I'm hoping to avoid.

"I'm coming" I hollered as I hurried to put my clothes on like some uncoordinated drunk. "Don't forget the red tie" He said before I even turned the knob. I let out a loud annoyed groan. I seriously hate that stupid bow.

Once Zero dragged me back to class, the girls were chatting about what they were going to give to their favorite Night class student. Sitting at the same desk two rows behind Mia where she innocently ignored the glare that I was giving her. "Knock it off." Zero whacked me lightly behind my head.

"Really!" I whined rubbing the back of my head. "Why are you sitting over here?" Turning my head to find him sitting a desk above me instead with Yuki.

"Because" he replied not offering any explanation. I looked over at Yuki and Yori who were to busy talking about St. Chocolate day with other students to notice Zero's absence. Maybe he's tired of hearing about the girls giving chocolates to the Night Class. Either way he's not suppose to be here.

"Is there any chance you're sitting here to sulk about not getting fancy chocolates from Yuki" I asked hoping to annoy him enough to storm off to a seat behind Yuki.

"Why would I care? And what about Takuma or your hero Kaname. Are you going to work up the nerve to get him chocolates this year?" He said icely. I raised an eyebrow. Do the characters really think me and Yuki are so alike? I guess I really don't open up much to argue . Well mostly I thought that I would be out of here and just followed to whatever Yuki does.

"Too be honest, I'd never make chocolates or buy them for someone in the Night class. Even for Ichigo." I stated. Zero's eye widened in surprise. I might have said that colder than I intended.

"I'm not saying in a mean, like I hate the Night class kind of way" I said trying to explain myself.

"Hn. All this time I figured you were crazy in love with that blood-sucker"He said laying his head down. I pinched his cheek trying to defend my blonde friend honor.