Welcome to dinner where we stab people with butter knives

The way back home was extremely awkward, riding on the bus with just Zero and me. He kept giving me side glances as if he's waiting for me to break something else. I can promise you there is nothing on the bus I can break, Zero. I mean unless you want me to rip the seat cushion than yes I could do that. The bus slowly came to a stop and it was finally time to get off. The hunched chubby bus driver grunted as he pulled the handle to open the door. It was almost the afternoon and we came home earlier than expected.  I almost felt bad for literally ditching Yuki, but I knew if Kaname and Zero met at town, hell was going to break loose.

"Are you sure the headmaster isn't going to freak when he finds Yuki not with us" Zero said as we made it to the front door of the headmaster's house. Honestly, I didn't want to think of the headmaster's reaction. Not bothering to answer Zero's question, I opened the door mentally preparing myself for the headmaster to have a panic attack. A breath of relief escape my lips, Yuki was sitting across from the headmaster eating a bowl of food. Kaname must have dropped her off before we got here.

"Your finally back!" Yuki smiled happily eating her meal. If I was her, I would be extremely pissed off if anyone left me in town by myself. However, Kaname was there so I'm pretty sure didn't even notice we were gone.

"Yeah, sorry about that" I said and also leaving you by yourself in town.

"You didn't buy anything, Akira?" The headmaster questioned.

"There wasn't anything at the market she liked" Zero added nonchalantly and then sat down at the table next to Yuki. Well, at least Zero's pretty good at keeping secrets even though he's hiding the fact he is turning into vampire. Sitting beside the headmaster, he handed me my warm cooked meal. Taking one bite, this meal was the bomb! I never understood why in the manga they would give the headmaster such hard time about it. If only I was back home, I can tell my mom to put this on the menu. Now that am thinking about it, I wonder how my mom is right now? Heck, how's my big sis? We haven't talked forever ever since she pretty much left with her boyfriend. Does she even know that I'm gone? Probably not. She's too deep in love to notice anything anymore. Why does love make people so stupid?

"So Yuki how did you come back earlier than Zero and Akira" the headmaster started. Really headmaster? You already know the answer to this! Why bother in bringing it up ?

" Oh, well, we both went to separate stores and I couldn't remember where they went" Yuki said sheepishly her cheeks turning a shade pinker.

"But I found my way because of Kaname-sama" She added not forgetting to acknowledge her true hero. Zero was staring at her now probably wondering who the heck she's talking about.

"Oh yes Kaname, good thing he was there." The headmaster smiled. Can we please get off the Kaname subject, it's bad enough I know once Zero figures out he's pureblood, everything is going to go down hill from there.

"Was that the man you mentioned not for us to worry about?" Zero said directing towards me, wanting more answers than he bargains for.

" You saw Kaname too, Akira? Why didn't you come to say hello"

"Um, I was too busy trying find the book I was searching for" I mumbled stuffing myself with food. Zero's face was blank but I knew he was more curious about this man.

"You'll meet him soon enough, Zero" the headmaster assured. You can bet that I won't be there when that happens.

♢♢♢