•Bucky - Visions•

A/n
Hey so this is gonna be the start of a series, I'm not sure how long it's gonna be but I hope that you like it!
Enjoy!

(August 2016)
-----------------------------------------

What does S.H.I.E.L.D. stand for, agent Ward?"
"Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division."
"And what does that mean to you?"
"It means someone really wanted our initials to spell out "S.H.I.E.L.D.".

Maria Hill just stared at you as though she was experiencing déjà vu. "That's funny because your brother said the exact same thing when I asked him that question".

You didn't say anything. "I'm not my brother Agent Hill." You spat. "I never said you were." She snapped back. "Can I go now?" You rubbed your arms anxiously, a cold sweat had broke out across your body and your heart somersaulted in your chest. "Are you well, Agent?" She actually seemed concerned. You nodded weakly, "I just need some water, it's probably just a bug."

She eyed you suspiciously as you stumbled out of the meeting room, trembling violently. The taste of bile rose in your throat and your vision suddenly went blurry, making the faces of your worried peers distorted and seemingly grotesque. Your breaths became erratic while your thoughts flew through your head, so fast that you couldn't even comprehend what was happening.

"Hey Y/n are you okay?" You spun around into darkness. You felt a pair of hands on your face as they felt your forehead. You tried to pull away but you couldn't find the strength. "Get away." You muttered drowsily.
"Y/n, it's May. what's going on?" The voice was panicking. "I can't see.. Where am I? What's happening?" You slurred. You felt the floor embrace your body as you hit it. Far away you could hear a scream for help, it seemed so small and far away. Your vision cleared long enough to see the sea of shoes running towards you while you lay paralysed on the floor before the world faded to black once more.

~
You opened your eyes and screamed at the horrific sight before you. You were hovering above a swimming pool but the water wasn't the standard chlorine purified water- it was blood. And around the pool lay bodies, all dead bar one. You heard their muffled screams and dug through the heaps of mutilated corpses. The pile was never ending and every slashed face that your eyes lay upon were those you loved and cared for.

Skye, Coulson, Fitz, Simmons, May, Hunter, Bobbie, MacKenzie, Hill, Fury, even Grant.

Your hands had become scarlet and your soul turned to ice by the time you reached the pitiful whine.

The glint of metal caught your eye before you saw the man. His eyes were raw with the flame of agony. The deep whirlpools of blue held sights and thoughts that no one should suffer. He seemed more scarred than the rest of the deceased around them. You couldn't tell the colour of his skin nor his hair for the dirt and blood marred your sight. The overwhelming stench of death burned your nose and threatened to choke you with its brutal force.

"What happened here?" Your lips did not part yet the sound of your words ricocheted of the red splattered walls that caged her. "You did this." His thoughts were surprisingly soft as they floated through the air. "How could I do such a thing? I love these people. Tell me!" Your thoughts roared in outrage. "Y/n Ward, you have the devil in you and God help the world when you wake up." His eyes dimmed by the second. "This is a dream?"

"It is a foreshadowing of what you shall do. You need to stop the monster inside you before it's too late and this dream becomes reality." His breathing became shallower.

"What do I need to do?" You begged silently. "Find me. In the tower built by the bird. Use your hand lit sight of time to restore what was taken. Warm your heart to Winter before the sea demon unleashes the devil."

"What the hell do you mean? And who are you?"