•Bucky - Haircut•

A/n
Requested by OH-THE-IRONY so very long ago.
Also a lot of y'all wanted this to be next so here it is!
-Hope

(August 2016)
--------------------------------------

Steve watched as Bucky huffed as his hair fell over his face for the fifth time that minute

Steve watched as Bucky huffed as his hair fell over his face for the fifth time that minute. The brunette had tried to put his hair in a ponytail but it was at that awkward length where you couldn't do anything with it.

Also no matter how much Bucky washed and combed it, it always looked messy and unkept. It made Bucky feel like he was unable to move on with his life, it reminded him of his Winter Soldier days when good hair was the least of his priorities. Maybe if my hair was different, he always thought, it would be easier to be James again.

Steve sighed, "Buck, why don't you just get your hair cut." Bucky looked up at his friend who sat across the lounge on a black leather sofa. "Pardon?" He asked. "Why don't you go to a hairdressers and get your hair cut?" Steve repeated.

"Well my old barber is probably dead and I don't know any others." Bucky answered sadly. "I can take you to the girl that cuts my hair. And I think that she also cuts Sam's and Natasha's. She is amazing," Steve offered. Bucky smiled and nodded. "I'll ring her now," Steve continued, "go and get ready, she will probably do it today." Bucky leapt off the sofa and left Steve on the phone. He quickly washed his hair before throwing on a cleaner shirt and jeans.

*

The girl that Steve had talked about owned a small, family-run hair salon on the Manhattan side of the East River. She ran the business with her brother and his boyfriend, however most of the time it was just her alone in the shop. She didn't really get many customers other than the odd Avenger and dock worker. Her so called uniform consisted of a band shirt (the band changed daily), blue or black denim shorts and Captain American inspired converse.

She was on the phone when a customer entered. "Josh, look I have to go. I've got a customer......yeah okay.....enjoy your date....say hello to Tyler for me alright? See ya." She put the phone down and turned to see who had walked it.

It was her most loyal customer, Steve, and a handsome stranger. She greeted the tall blonde with a hug like she always did. When they pulled away, Steve started the introductions.

"Hello Y/n, this is my friend Bucky. Bucky, meet Y/n." Bucky walked forward and shook the woman's soft-yet-strong hand. "Hiya Bucky, pleasure to meet you. It's nice to put a face to a name. Steve's told me all about you." She winked playfully sending Bucky into blushing/awkward mode. He mumbled how it was nice to meet her too.

"How can I help you guys?" She motioned the worn chairs for them to sit. "Bucky's hair is driving him insane. Do you think that you could- I don't know- just make it better and less of a pain? I have a picture of his old hair of that would help?" Steve offered as he relaxed into the soft cushions. Y/n nodded and took the photo that Steve held out.