Bucky x OC - The Shadow of Winter (part 2) (Marvel)

A/n
So this is part 2 of 3 parts. I hope that you liked the last part.
The picture above is what I think Jude would look like.
Also, I really need some requests because guess how many I have.......
If you said zero, you would be correct. So send them in my lovelies!
~Hope

(November 2015)
--------------------------------------------

It has been hours since we escaped from HYDRA. Bucky still doesn't remember much. He doesn't say a lot and he is as tense as a coil of wire. What should I expect? He has been used by HYDRA, frozen, tortured and mind wiped since 1945. I feel sleep start to wrap it's dreamful claws around my brain. I look at the digital clock on the dash board: 00:30. I have been driving for over 4 hours. We are no longer in Washington DC and we passed through Philadelphia a while ago. We must be nearing New York. I look over to see Bucky softly snoring away, murmuring random incoherent words of Russian every know and then.

Knowing that I am in no state to drive,
I pull in at the next Motel. It is a rather shabby place with an old flickering neon sign reading Mindy's Motel. I pull up and softly shake Bucky awake. "Bucky.....Bucky....wake up". He jolts away and seizes my throat with his metal made hand. I try to fight against him but his grip is like iron. His face is passive and empty of feeling. "Bucky!" I breath as the hold tightens. He suddenly snaps out of his trance and immediately let's go. I wheeze as the pressure is realised. "I'm so sorry Jude. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me, I never meant to hurt you", he begs guiltily. I nod. "We're here". I let out a breath as my heart rate falls to its normal pace. He nods shamefully. I try to rest my hand on his shoulder in reassurance but he pulls himself away. "Let's go". He mutters before opening his door and getting out without another word. I sigh and get out.

Bucky follows me as we make our way to the reception of Mindy's Motel. Before we enter the establishment I slip a cheap, silver ring onto my finger and place an identical ring in Bucky's palm. He seems to get the gist and slips it on. A metallic ding slices through the silent night air. A greasy haired woman behind the desk jolts awake at the sudden sound. "Hi I'm Ava and this is my husband James. Do you have any rooms available?" I say in my clearest Brooklyn accent I can muster. "Um yeah. We do. Can I have your last name?" "Ward. Ava and James Ward. Can we pay by cash?" The sleepy woman nods her head as she types in our 'names' onto an ancient PC. "$45 please. And it's room 5. Goodnight". She says as we make to exchange of dollars and keys. "Goodnight to you too". I say politely while Bucky manages a tight, forced smile. I take his hand and lead him towards our appointed accommodation.

I collapse on the bed in a heap as the door locks behind us. I roll over to leave Bucky some room. I hear him unzip his leather jacket and unbuckle his boots before pulling off my sneakers and placing them next to his own. The bed groans in protest as he lies down beside me. He lies as stiff as a  board until I accidentally roll into his side. "Sorry". I slur in my sleepy state. He doesn't reply he just wraps his flesh arm around my waist and pulls me in closer to him, so that my face is burrowed into his defined, muscular chest. "Aren't you moving a bit forward Barnes? Do you usually sleep with a woman that you have just met that day?" I mumble, almost silenced by his shirt. "We'll you were the one that made us husband and wife. I think that you may be the forward one here Lake". He chuckles softly, making his chest deeply vibrate. "Touché, Barnes. Touché". I whisper before nuzzling my way closer to him and falling asleep in his homely arms.

"Please don't do this! I made her HYDRA! She is! She doesn't need to be wiped!" Grant yells. "Grant what's happening?" I ask confused. "She will remember who she was but she will be easier to program." A man in a lab coat tells him. "So she'll remember who she was?" He says quieter than before. "Yes agent Ward. She will remember most things apart from the wiping and her brain will be opened to our commands." The doctor guy reassures. "Is she your weakness Ward?" A man with weird teeth says as he enters the rooms. He reminds me of a shark circling his prey. And I am the prey.