T.J x reader - Stupid (Political Animals)

A/n
This was requested by FollowtheDead .
The song attached is Renegades by X Ambassadors. I don't know why but I heard this and though of TJ.
I really hope that you like it!!!
~Hope
P.S: to anyone that hasn't watched the political animals series or finished it, this contains spoilers.

(November 2015)
--------------------------------------------
Warnings: Many references to drugs. Oh and some swearing .
--------------------------------------------

You had always been friends. Since you could remember, you and the older Hammond twin had always caused trouble. You were the first to know any secrets that the other had.

You were the first person that T.J told about his bisexuality. You were the one that stood by him as he told the world and his family. You were the one he went to when he started having problems with drugs. You were the one that looked after him while he suffered the come downs. You were his wing woman when he went out on the pull. You were the one that he went to when he had problems with his family. You were the only person to meet his first boyfriend and you were also the first one to meet his first girlfriend.

You were there at his first party. You were there when he was a boy in the Whitehouse. You were there when he needed someone to stay with. You were there when he finally got clean. You were there when his heart was broken and tossed away. You were there when went back to his old ways. And you were the one that found him on that fateful night in December when he couldn't take it anymore.

At ever key moment in T.J's life you were there. No matter how bad his drug addiction got, how bad his alcoholism got, you were always there ready to help him.

No one had ever expected you to become friends: he was a party animal while you preferred being at home, he was confident and loud while you preferred to be out of the spotlight, he was cocaine addict while you had never even tried it. But you were like Peanut Butter and Jelly. In theory it shouldn't work, it should be a complete disaster, but in practice it works better then anything else.

And now there you were again, never leaving his side. Dozing off in a hospital chair with your gaze on his injured body, for the second time in a year. His heart steadily beating, his lungs steadily breathing. The doctor had told you that he would be fine. Now all you had to do was wait until he opened his topaz eyes. Until he did that smirk that would make your heart flutter. Until he said a sarcastic comment that would make you double over laughing.

Many people asked you why you put up with him. Even his family couldn't see how you could support him no matter what he did. When they asked, you would reply, "Because he is my best friend. And best friends don't leave each other when things get hard". But the truth was, "because I love him. And I can't just walk away and leave him alone. It would make him more broken then he already is".

There was something about the blue eyed, dark haired man that made you utterly in love with him. Maybe it was the way that he would ditch anything he had planned if you were sick, or the way that he played the piano for you when you were bored, or maybe it was the way he made you laugh no matter how bad you were feeling. Maybe it was all of them.

"You can be such a stupid asshole sometimes Thomas". You muttered as you stroked his hair. "You can be so stupid sometimes that I wonder why I love you." You whispered. "Why did you have to take my heart T.J? Why do you fall in love with others and break my heart? And why do I still let you?" You breathed. A lone tear rolled from your eye before dripping onto the unconscious man's hand. "Why am I so stupid T.J?"

"You can't be the stupid one y/n. Only one can be stupid in this friendship". His usually smooth voice croaked. You smiled as he slowly opened his eyes. "Where am I?" He said confused as he looked around the hospital room. "You're at the hospital. You were stupid and overdosed on cocaine. I found you in your nightclub, passed out on the floor and covered in vomit, drugs and alcohol." You said sadly. He looked extremely guilty and embarrassed. "I thought that you were going to die". You let out a quiet sob. He took your face in his big hands and wiped away the tears that you had failed to notice conducting an escape from your eyes.

"I'm sorry that I put you through that again. I'm such a fucking idiot! I always do something selfish that results in your pain. Everything I do results in me getting high and you getting hurt. I'm struggling to see why you love me". He scorned himself bitterly. "How did you know that I love you?" You blushed embarrassed. "After what happened in December, my grandma told me that I better get my act together because it's not fair that you should love a druggie that has problems. That's when I realised that I loved you too." He took a breath to let you take in the information before continuing, "I realised how much I actually love you and it scared me. It scared me to know that I had such immense feelings for someone. I was scared that I would hurt you. So I tried to forget about how I felt by drinking and partying and fucking. But no matter how hard I tried to forget, the more I remembered". He confessed shamefully.

"I still love you." You ran your hand down his tear streaked face and softly caressed his chin. "How?After what I have put you through?" He latched his big, watery, azure eyes into your y/e/c eyes. "I don't know. I think that I must be very stupid". You said causing him to softly chuckle. You flashed him a small smile. "Maybe we could be stupid together? Would you like to be my partner in stupidity, y/n l/n?" He lopsidedly smiled hopefully. "I would love to be your partner in stupidity, Thomas Hammond". You smiled.

He placed his hand on your jaw and pulled your face slightly towards him until your lips touched. The kiss was everything that you had thought it would be (passionate, gentle, full of love) and more. He placed his hands gently on your shoulders and the back of your neck while you placed yours at the nape of his neck, twisting your fingers in his hair.

As you reluctantly pulled away, you stared into his cobalt iris'.

"I love you, stupid". You lips brushed.
"I love you more, stupid". Your lips once again touched.

--------------------------------------------
A/n
Hello everyone!!! Again this was requested by FollowtheDead and I really hope that you like it.

I'm sorry if it was a bit cheesy but i think it's good to read a bit of nice fluff sometimes. And I'm sorry that it's a bit long but oh well.

If you haven't watched Political Animals, I would definitely recommend it to you!

Please send in any requests that you have for this book or any of my other books!!!!

La Revedere (I'm practicing my Romanian because I can)

~Hope