This is Definitely Not Love...Right? ~Chapter 18

Começar do início

She put her hand on my shoulder. “Jacob, even though you left that part out. And I’m sure you did it on purpose; you love this Skye boy, don’t you?”

I looked away but she made me look back at her. I didn’t say anything. I may have said it here and there, but I haven’t really admitted it to myself yet.

“Jacob?”

“Yes okay? I love him. but it’s too late now. he hates me and I’ll never get him back.” I was fighting the tears that wanted to come out. “It’s strange though, how can I want him back when I never really had him?”

She seemed puzzled. “What do you mean?”

“We weren’t officially together. I was planning to take him out on a proper date, to a real restaurant and ask him to be my official boyfriend.”

“That would have been very romantic, I’m sure.” I could tell that she was trying to sympathize with me.

“That’s for the support. Even if I tried it now, I’m he would throw the first thing he sees into my face.”

“That’s not your fault. It was that girl’s. you deserve better than this Jacob.”

“I don’t want better than this. I just want him.” it honestly sounded like I was whining.

“Are you a man?”

I stared at her in shock. “Of course I am.”

“Then what the hell are you doing sitting here moping around as if your cat just died.” Her voice was louder now. “Go out there, I don’t care if you have to knock his freaking door down, but you tell him and make him listen to you. Tell him how you feel and get him back.”

“He won’t talk to me.”I said. “He hates me remember? I’m the bad guy.”

“Jacob Patrick Evans. This is not the way your mother raised you. Are you telling me all those summer vacations we spent together were for nothing?” she stood up. “Go out there and get your damn boyfriend back.”

“Whoa grams, I can’t just go right in there. I could get killed. I need to plan this thing out first.” I said standing up too.

 “If you wait too long, he might get snatched up by someone else.” That was all she said before walking off.

That left me thinking. Would Skye wait for me? Did he even like me, even a little bit? Heaven knew what it would do to me if he rejected me. I already lost him. Losing him twice would totally kill me.

I walked outside and pulled out my phone. I dialed Sam’s number and waited for him to answer.

“Sam, get Skye ready.” I thought about my next move. “I’m coming over.”

***

~Skye~

“Sam, what the hell are you doing?” I asked as he pushed me into his bedroom.

“Something that I should’ve done days ago.” He said.

“And what’s that?” I asked but the answer came knocking at the door. Literally.

Jake knocked on the door. I immediately got up form my spot. Even though I was glairing at him, he continued to walk into the room.

“Get out.” I said pointing at the door.”

“No.” he smiled at me.

“What?” I don’t think I heart him properly.

“I said no. I’m not leaving.” He took a seat beside me. I shifted because; this was way too weird for me.