Day 20

For the past six days I had avoided any contact with Ethan, though he would come to my door constantly asking me to talk to him. The night after the incident he stayed at the door all night, pleading with me to let him in, at some points I could hear him sobbing, telling me how sorry he was. Needless to say that I didn't sleep the whole entire night, I couldn't bring myself to move anywhere. Not until the next morning when the birds started tweeting was I finally able to bring myself to the on suite to clean myself off, scrubbing my body clean until it started to hurt. Though I was sure that I would ever forget the smell of the blood.

The only type of interaction I've had with him, is the food that he left on a tray in front of my door, but usually he tried to talk to me, but I would always wait until his footsteps departed to get my food but by that time it was cold, but food none the less.

I sit on my bed, my arms wrapped around my legs as I rested my head on them, I needed another way to get both of us out of here, there was certainly someone who had to notice that the elderly man had gone missing. And at this day and age, they should've been able to pick up his last known location, this was a good thing but also a bad thing since it made Ethan more unpredictable, which made me wonder why he's waited so long and as to why no authorities had shown up yet.

I just hoped that Ethan wasn't taking it out his frustrations on Nathaniel, though it was clear that he had been taking some of them out on him. It was evident by the state of Nathaniel's voice that he was trying not to worry me when I spoke to him. His heartbeat was a little weaker than it should have been.

Suddenly there was the familiar knock that came around this time meaning it must've been around noon.

"Elena... please open up, talk to me..." comes Ethan's voice, slightly muffled by the door.

I continue to ignore him as I have been, pressing my face farther into my knees.

I hear him sigh and then the tray hits the floor, but this time his footsteps don't depart immediately and suddenly my door flies open and I literally almost fly off of my bed onto the other side.

I listen closely for his breathing, it was still calm which signaled that he wasn't angry. But I didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

"Elena, I'm giving you one last chance to come with me peacefully... please,"

I shake my head. "Stay away from me..." I whisper.

He doesn't say anything as comes over to my side of the bed but I try and scramble across it but this no avail, he grabs me flinging me over his shoulder even as I protest, hitting his back with all that I had. But none of that seemed to phase him.

Soon he sit me down in a chair in the kitchen, still struggling in all, I could feel tears streaming down my face, not because of fear or sorrow. But because of anger, I was so unbelievably livid that I could spit.

That he could take someone's life so easily and not show, seemingly, any remorse.

I could feel his hand try to come up and white away my tears, but I slap his hand away before he could even touch me. "Don't. Touch. Me."

I swear that I could practically hear him whine.

I could hear his heart rate increase, but it wasn't out of anger, but out of anxiety I notice. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry don't be mad at me..." He pleads.

I turn my head away from him.

I hear him sigh. "Wait... here I'll be back..." with that he departs back down the hallway where my room was, but I hear him climb the stairs.