Day 8

After our little pow wow on the porch three days ago I found that I had a little bit more freedom. And by that I mean I found that my door was now unlocked all of the time and I could walk around the house with his guidance. I'd had no luck of locating my walking stick or my purse or my shades.

I'd asked for those at least and Ethan refused to give them to me.

As of right now I was sitting on the porch swing again, trying to listen for any signs of civilization but it was still the same nothing but the sound of nature around me, we were literally in the middle of nowhere, I wasn't even sure if we were even anywhere near New York anymore.

Somewhere in the distance I could hear digging Ethan had been doing that for a couple of hours now. Though the scent of multiple flowers had been going through the air so I guess that he was doing some type of planting.

I hear his footsteps begin to approach me from the three steps that I think make up the front porch. And then suddenly I feel his hand go through my hair and there is something on my ear. instinctively I leaned back from his unexpected touch, he hated it when I did that. Though I'm not sure that I would be able to stop having that reaction.

I hear him sigh in disappointment.

"Sorry... Did you just place a flower in my hair?"

"Yes... A flower for a flower," he responds his hand resting in the ends of my hair, playing lightly with them.

Oh... The cringe...

"Come with me, I have something to show you," He says looping my arm through his.

He walks through the house with me beside him making sure that I didn't run into anything. We go on for a while which made me realize that this place may be a lot larger than I originally thought. We stop and he opens a door, immediately I am hit with the familiar smell of old books.

He pulls me inside.

I loved to read... well, when I could since most books weren't translated into braille. Most of them were audio books, but that didn't stop my love for the occasional feel of pages in beneath my fingers.

"Books... this is great and all but I'm afraid i wont be able to enjoy any of them,"

"Or so you think..." He says bringing me further in the room and sitting me in a chair.

I hear him scuttle away quickly and pull a book from the shelf open it to a page and sit it in front of me. He then takes my hand and places it on the page and to my surprise I feel familiar bumps under my fingers, this was a Sherlock Holmes novel.

"It's in braille..."

He chuckles. "Of course, they all are. I know that you like books."

I look over in his general direction. "How'd you know that I read braille? Most don't learn, you took a gamble." I smirk.

"You've been blind your whole life and i wouldn't doubt someone as intelligent as you wouldn't have learned,"

The smile disappears from my face. How did he know that? I've never mentioned that I was born blind. For all he knew it could have happened in a freak accident recently or when I was younger or something.

Seeing this, he clears his throat and then I feel something in my hands, my walking stick.

"Here for you to get around without bumping into anything... I'm going to finish the work outside." With that he disappears and leaves but not before placing a kiss on the crown of my head.

But he leaves the door open.

This is my chance!

I begin to move towards the door but am abruptly met by resistance. I pull my stick up and feel that it is attached to a small chain one that no doubt allowed me mobility to get access to the bookshelves easily but nothing else.