Day 5

For the past couple of days the man hadn't spoken to me or come near me again. The most I've heard of him is the slide of the tray being put in and out of my doorway. But besides that it had been quiet and while that gave me time to figure out probable escape routes, it also gave him more time to do lord only knows what.

My wrists and hands are still a little bit tender if you pushed them the wrong way, but besides that I was okay.

I lay on my stomach and I suppose if I could see anything I would say that it was just dark nothingness, but that is how my life is always has been.

Suddenly I hear the door creak open hesitantly and I sit up in the bed putting my back against the wall.

I hear a small click signaling that he must've turned on a lamp or something where the bedside table was. The bed creaks and I know that he's taken a seat on the edge of the bed.

"Let me see your hands," he says.

I don't acknowledge him.

"You have to be in pain, let me see them while I'm asking you nicely." He states gruffly.

I hesitantly reach out one of my hands in his direction holding the other towards my chest. I hear another squeak in the bed as he moves closer, I feel his fingers slightly graze over he bruised skin, they were slightly cold and that made me shiver from how good it felt.

He slightly curses and I hear him muttering under his breath to himself, almost as if scolding himself.

"Come with me." Without giving me a second to protest he pulls me behind him from the bed causing me to almost fall and scrape my knees, but he catches me before that can even happen. Carrying me a short distance before I am sitting in another chair.

I smell around.

Am I in a kitchen?

"Stay here and don't think about moving. Do you understand?"

I nod.

His footsteps disappear somewhere making me realize that this place may be larger than I originally thought. There was also a window open in the room and I could hear the sound of animals tweeting outside. From the sound of the birds it was still at least midday if not closer to sunset.

Heavy yet light footsteps return, I gotten used to his pattern, the footsteps belonged to that of someone who was fully grown and in great shape, but they also had a predatory movement about them. Sometimes I think he only let me hear his footsteps to keep me comforted.

A metal box opens and another chair is pulled out and he asks for my arm.

I comply and feel him apply something on my wrists up to my hands, he does the same exact thing with my other hand. Before cleaning up the kit, a silence falling between us. I could feel him looking at me though I tried to ignore it and focus on the sounds outside to see if there were any vehicles.

"Elena..."

My attention turns to him once again, though I shouldn't be surprised that he knew my name. It was obvious this kidnapping or whatever it was had taken planning. But of course he'd taken my phone and purse, so there was also that.

"I'm sincerely sorry about your hands, I didn't mean to do it... I just get mad sometimes and I forget whom I'm around. Can you forgive me?"

There was something in his voice, he was being genuine. I would know if he was lying to me. But what do I say to this? None of it was truly alright, he'd kidnapped me without a word as to why for the past four days I've been here.

For now, maybe I should just play along...

"It's alright... I know you didn't mean it..." I say crossing my arms.

There's silence and then an embarrassed chuckle. "I'm sorry, I'm smiling... I see your attention is going to outside. Would you like to sit out on the porch for a while?"

"Am I allowed to do that? What if I try and run away?"

He chuckles. "I promise you, you wouldn't get very far,"

That's when it hit me once again that I was his captive and any attempt to try to run from him would be futile and a waste of energy. He was bigger than me and not to mention probably faster, knew where he was going, and could see where he was going. Both of those advantages lost to me.

I didn't even know how large this place actually was, I had to conquer this first and if that meant gaining his trust first then so be it.

"Yes, I would if its okay,"

"Of course."

He picks me up again and before I know it the outside air is hitting my skin, again, the slightly humid air bearable. Suddenly I am grounded onto a seat, a porch swing I realize as it sways back and forth gently. I am suddenly surprised when I feel a pressure in my lap, when I run my hands above it I feel warm breath on my hand.

His head was in my lap and I wasn't quite sure how react to that.

Noticing this he gently grabs one of my hands and places it in his hair, I rest the other one on the other side of my leg.

"Relax... I want you to feel comfortable here... This is your home. Not your prison."

Then why does it feel like a prison... It's almost as if I'm wearing an invisible chain around my ankle.

I swallow, trying to clear my throat. "Since this is going to be like home, I should know the name of the person that I'm living with, right?"

He's silent for a moment. "Ethan..." He whispers. "My name is Ethan,"

"Well it's nice to finally have a name to the voice," I tell him. "It's nice you meet you Ethan."

I hear him sigh and it seemed to be one of content.

"Since we're talking, can I ask what brought me here?"

I hear him breathe in a little heavily signaling that he did not like the nature of the question. So I wasn't surprised when he answered me a little gruffly.

"All in due time, but for now all you need to know right now is that you are safe exactly where you are."

"Right..." I answer warily.

Right, seemingly trust the guy who has kidnapped me for some unknown reason that could eventually lead him to kill me at any moment while I try to figure out a way for me, us, to get out alive. Though that would be the ideal situation, although he doesn't seem to be a homicidal maniac it is evident that he needs some help.

This is not going to be easy at all.

I am broken out of my thoughts by slight snoring, I realize that Ethan had fallen asleep in my lap because I'd been unconsciously running my fingers through his hair while I was thinking.

I sigh.

Just great. 

***

Whoa, so five days with the now named Ethan! What do you think his intentions are? If you were Elena what would you do in this type of situation? I hope you enjoyed this chapter as always, thank you for taking the time to read it even though it's my first time working this kind of story. Don't forget to comment, vote, and share this story! until the next time! ^_^/

-Flowereader230