Chapter 3: Ms. Knight

"Love is when you try to place it out your mind..."

The new song starts to play through Darling's blue crown table speaker on her desk as she listens to it in the dorm room. She was trying to work on getting her thonework done until someone knocked on the door.

"Come in." shouted Darling as she continues working without lifting her head to the door.

"Look at you, aren't you busy."

Darling quickly stopped working and turned her head around to see Chase with a playful smirk while looking at her.

"Chase...hi," said Darling surprised as she slowly get up from her chair from her desk and slowly startswalking up to him. "What are you doing here? How did you find my dorm?"

"What? I can't see my new friend's sister and check in on her time to time?" responded Chase with a smile as he walked up to her. "Also, Daring told me." he answers her question, making Darling rolled her eyes at her talkative brother. I'm going to kill him when i see him again.

"No, you can't. You're Daring's friend, not mines. So, what do you want since you couldn't wait til you see me again later in the halls. I need to finish this thonework from Damsel-in-destress class by tomorrow's class." Darling explains as she gets annoyed by him and this thonework, making her roll her eyes.

As she explains, Chase was interested in hearing what she was speaking. It didn't matter the topic, he was just glad to be in her presence right now. Darling walks over to the dorm room's balcony doors and open them up to get some fresh air as Chase follows closely behind her to start talking.

"We've known each other for a few days." started Chase as he was a bit nervous of what he was about to ask her. He tries to hide which doesn't work in his favor cause she's self-aware when notice someone is acting different.

A couple of doves flew away that were on the rail of the balony as Darling walks up closer while looking at the sunset slowly coming down.

"Yeah, and?" asked Darling with a nonchalant response as she walks over to the rail and grabs it as the takes a deep breath with her eyes close into the distance.

"I was just wondering about an night where we can...um..." Chase was withholding his statement while his eyes looking down and to the side and his head down while rubbing his neck with his left hand in nervousness.

"You're taking your sweet time telling me what you want, aren't you?" asked Darling while teasing his words as she turns around and looks at him with a smirk as she has her hands and body leaning on the rail. "Taking 3-4 destiny days."

Chase looks up at Darling, shocked of how she basically teases him as her hair was blowing in the distance with the sunset coming down behind her.

Chase have to take a moment from his question and look at how gorgeous she was in the sunset. This just makes him even more nervous since she's just glowing in his eyes during this golden hour.

"Well, I...I..." Chase stumbled while staring at Darling, making her giggle and turns back around to the sunset as she continues taking air in to calm her down through her nose.

She starts to leans out a bit more off the balcony, making Chase jumped out of his little imagination and start to worry about her safety.

"Darling, be careful. It's windy out here."said Chase with an worried face as he slowly walked up to her with his hands out ready for anything that could happens to her as soft wind was passing.

"Alright, dad." Darling teases as she turn her head back looking to him for a quick second before looking back at the sunset.

All the sudden, the wind got stronger, making Darling losing ber balance and start falling from the balcony.