Chapter 11

"My dad is someone I don't like to talk about." He said with a growl.

"Sorry. I realized that when the room got cold after I mentioned it. So you don't have to tell me." I said and he sighed.

"Thanks." He said.

"How did you meet Dylan and Jack?" I asked him and he chuckled.

"I've known Jack since middle school and we met Dylan while at a match. It was me against him and I won. Somehow we all ended up being friends and it just works for us." He said and I nodded.

"So what about you and your best friend?" He asked me.

"I met M, on my first day of school there. She ran into me crying and bleeding. I was about to yell at her for running into me but when I saw her flinch from me opening my mouth so I held out my hand and helped her up. I took her to the nurse and stayed with her while she was being patched up. She asked me why I was helping her and I didn't say anything at first but after a little bit I told her it was all because she looked like she needed someone to show her it was okay to snap and change for the better.

I asked her who were the one's who caused her the most trouble and she seemed unsure whether to trust me or not but she told me in the end. She pointed them out to me and I noticed that they were all guys and I was pissed. One moment I was standing next to her, the next every single guy in that group was on the ground nursing bloody noses, black eyes or concussions. I was suspend for a week. When I went back to school M, walked up to me with a big smile on her face and without new bruises or cuts. And ever since then we have been best friends." I said and just then my phone went off and I looked at the screen to see that it was M calling me.

"Were you're ears burning?" I asked as I answered the call.

"No but something happened and I will be there on Sunday." She said and I raised my eyebrows.

"What happened?" I asked her.

"Take a guess." She said.

"Him?" I asked.

"Ya. Kevin is starting his crap and its already hard enough to call you when, you are the one he wants and he has joined up with someone. I'm not sure and I don't want to find out. My parents said that they wanted me with you that way I am not in the same state with him. " She said and I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"What's the earliest flight out?" I asked her and I could hear her do some clicking and typing.

"In three hours." She said.

"I'll pay for it that way you get here faster." I said.

"But-" She started to say but I cut her off.

"No buts M! I want you here that way I know you are no where near that son of a bitch." I said with a growl.

"Fine. Give me the info through text and I'll buy the ticket." She said.

"Alright. See you soon." I said and got off the phone with her.

"What happened?" Bryce asked me and I said nothing as I texted M the info for my credit card. M is the only one that I trust with this info not even my parents.

"Damn it Tyler! What happened?" Bryce asked me yet again.

"I'm making sure my best friend is away from a murder!" I said trying not to yell and Bryce seemed shocked.

"I'm guessing it has to do with that Kevin guy." Bryce said and I wrapped my arms around myself and he sighed.

"Judging from your reaction that is a touchy subject." He said and I nodded and waited for my phone to go off with a message from M.

About three minutes later, M texted me telling me that the ticket was bought and she was packing her bag now. I let out a sigh of relief and put my phone down after I told her to text me when she was at the airport.

"So I'm guessing she's going to be away from Kevin." Bryce said and I nodded.

"She's flying out tonight and coming here." I said and he raised an eyebrow.

"She's going to live with me. Her parents gave her the okay to fly over here because they don't want her to be in the same state with him and I don't blame them." I said. 'I still don't see how or why they let that fucker out of jail to began with.' I thought and pulled my legs up to my chest and let out a slight hiss when I hit my ribs slightly.

"Careful. You think she would like to go to the party tomorrow?" He asked.

"I'll ask her later." I said as I leaned my head back against the couch.

"Is she hot?" He asked and I snapped my head up and shot him a glare.

"You are not going to sleep with her, or even hit on her." I snarled out at him.

"Whoa! Okay I wont flirt with her." He said as he raised up his hands in alarm.

"Remember that." I said as I enjoyed the music.

"What is she like?" Bryce asked and I looked at him.

"I just want to know that way I can get a feel on how she is." He said and I pursed my lips.

"She used to be extremely shy. She still is but not as bad as she used to be, she's an adventurist and she looks like the perfect essences of a sweet girl but she will kick your ass. Basically the opposite of what I look like with a nicer attitude." I said and I could hear him chuckle.

"I guess that's what makes you two best friends." He said and I shrugged.

"She's my only friend." I said and I could feel his stare on me.

"What about me and Jack?" He asked.

"I guess I can call you my friends." I said and just then I felt a pillow hit my face.

"What the hell man!" I said as I looked dead at Bryce who just smiled.

"No guessing. I am your friend and that's finale." He said and I just rolled my eyes.

"Fine whatever you jackass." I said and moved the pillow and laid down.

"What are you going to do if your parents find out that you aren't in your room?" He asked me.

"They are probably still yelling, and they can't open my door anyway." I said.

"How come?"

"I have a chair blocking the door, and even if they do get in my room, all they are going to do is yell at me. My mum would try to ground me and my dad would say that I wouldn't and then they would just start yelling about that and I would leave." I said and he nodded.

"But I will need you to give me a slight lift so I can climb back into my room though." I said and he chuckled.

"Alright that I can do." he said. We sat in silence for half an hour before my phone went off and it was M telling me that she was at the airport. I looked at the time to see that it was eleven at night, so it was one in the eleven over there and that she should be here by five or six in the morning.

"Hey I'm going to go to sleep." I said as I got comfy on the couch.

"No sleep on my bed, I'll take the couch." He said.

"No its your bed." I said and he shot me a look.

"Look just because I'm an asshole doesn't mean I know when to switch places. Take my bed." He said and i pursed my lips and looked at him.

"Please. Otherwise I'll get bitched out by my mom." He said and I frowned slightly but nodded and he got on the couch while I got in his bed. I set my alarm for seven and fell asleep.