Chapter Three

"Ah its about time you showed up Bryce go sit down." I heard a teacher say in a tired voice.

"Oh hello. You must be Tyler, the new girl." He said as he looked at me.

"Ya." I said and looked at him with a bored expression.

"Well tell the class something about yourself and then go take a seat next to Bryce." He said.

"My name is Tyler and don't piss me off." I said and looked around the room.

"Well okay than." The teacher said and I walked towards the back and sat down next to Bryce.

"So what brings you to Fort Worth?" Bryce asked me.

"I got expelled from my last school." I said and listened to the teacher talk about complex equation. I've already learned this. I thought as I got bored.

"Let me guess you didn't do it and they didn't believe you." Bryce said.

"No I did it. I hated the bitch and she pissed me off." And he seemed shocked.

"What did you do?" He asked.

"I choked her until she started to turn blue." I said and watched his face.

"Well if I hadn't saw what you did to Chelsea, I wouldn't believe you." He said and I rolled my eyes. I took off my jacket and put it neatly into my bag. I leaned back in my chair and looked at the time. Oh my god this is going to be a long day. I thought. I pulled out a piece of paper and started to draw an idea for my new tat. Finally after two more classes it was time for lunch.

"Thank god. I am about to starve." I said and my stomach in agreement growled.

"Sure. Hey you want one?" He asked as he tried to offer me a cigarette.

"No, I would like to be able to fight without getting winded." I said as I crinkled my nose from that horrid smell.

"Suit yourself." He said as he blew the smoke.

"Why do you even smoke?" I asked him.

"Why do you fight?" He shot back.

"Fighting is in my blood." I said and looked at the food that a guy was carrying out from the cafeteria.

"Okay what mutant did they kill so they can feed us that?" I asked.

"The hell if I know but I don't ever eat the school food. I always have someone who brings me food or I leave and get it." He said and I nodded.

"I don't blame you." I said.

"Bryce please put that out." I heard a grumpy old lady say as she passed us.

"Ya, ya. Or I will get ISS. Not the first time I've heard that bullshit before." He said and grabbed someone's milk and put his cigarette in it.

"Hey looks its that Diabolus girl with Bryce. What is going on?" I heard someone say before they saw that I was looking at them and they walked away pretty fast. I heard my phone go off and I pulled it out to see that M was calling me.

"Excuse me." I said and walked away. I answered her call.

"Hey why are you calling me during your favorite class?" I asked her.

"Hello Tyler, long time no speak." I heard that dreaded voice say.

"The hell do you want Kevin? And what did you do to M?" I asked him.

"What you don't want to talk to me?" He asked and I could just picture him holding his hand over his heart with a  sadistic smirk.

"I'm guessing when I testified against your ass wasn't enough to let you know to leave me the hell alone." I said and that caused him to chuckle.