13. Turning point

Nikita

"That's not how things work, you can't order me to do a mission through the phone." I challenged his words. "We need to do a mission introduction in person, that's how things work"

"Things have changed Nikita" Mr. Cross told me with a rough and harsh tone, probably not liking how I'm disobeying him.

The screaming thoughts in my head is telling me this is strange, for the vice headmaster to ordered me to do a mission through the phone. It's a rule to do the mission introductions face to face, to make sure it's legit.

This... This is not right.

"What's the reason?" I now demanded to know as I wiped away a tear that had escaped my eye.

"You don't question me Nikita" He warned me with a firm voice "This is an order" He commanded.

An order... This is an order and I'm defying his authority. I shouldn't defy the vice headmaster when I am a hunter but there's no way I can do this mission. I love Blake, I would never hurt him nor Hope. I sighed before my eyes lifted from the floor and found the silver-blue ones of the person I love. A smile immediately formed on my face. "No" I said sternly as my eyes was still locked with Blake's and my entire expression changed to lovingly as I looked at him.

The person I love.

I can't even imagine hurting him, so there's only one thing I can do – as in defying the vice headmasters order.

I'm so dead...

"Excuse me?" He said with pure anger in his tone.

"I won't accept the mission" I told the man harshly as I stood up from the floor. My eyes was still gazing into Blake's eyes which looked extremely confused. I wonder how much he heard.

"This is an order Nikita!" He barked through the phone with the harshest tone.

"I won't accept the mission" I repeated simply with a flat tone before ending the call. Well... He's going to be pissed. I can't imagine anyone have ever hung up on him or defied his orders. I'm so dead but in all honestly doesn't care because there was no way I could execute that mission. My eyes was still locked with Blake's and I smiled lovingly at him as I walked closer. "How much of that did you hear?" I wondered before biting my lower lip in nervousness.

He snaked his arms around my waist while I threw mine around his neck and we pulled our magnets of bodies closer. "Just that you questioned the mission." He told me bluntly. "Nikita, what's going on? I could feel your pain, that's why I went to find you" He said referring to the mate bond. Now that we're mated he's able to detect my feelings if they're strong. I must have been extremely upset about the sudden call or otherwise he wouldn't have felt it.

A weak smile formed on my face before I stood on my tip toes and kissed my love's soft lips quickly. "That was the vice headmaster" I informed him after our lips no longer was touching.

"You hung up on the vice headmaster?" He gasped, eyes slightly wide.

I never would have thought that I would defy the vice headmaster – ever – but this mission is something I would never be able to do.

I wonder why he suddenly ordered me to do this mission, why he didn't tell me the purpose of it and why he ordered me to do it through the phone which is not the proper way.

The correct way is getting summoned to the headmaster or vice headmaster's office. You meet at his office, get a folder about the mission that you read – usually twice. Once to see what the mission is about and twice to gather the information you might have missed so that you know the mission completely – and then you ask questions. You get the chance to question the reason for the mission and the headmaster or vice headmaster explains so that you understand why this mission is so important and that is another reason to why I felt this was so strange.